Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

For those having the 3rd Gen especially a 2011

Tags
2011 3rd gen
16K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  04 commemorative 
#1 ·
For those having the 3rd Gen especially a 2011. Any probs when getting into high mileage territory? My 11 has 38k. I need a truck, but can't swing two payments. So if things start to go down hill It will help my decision to know, although I really don't expect any issues. Thanks! :)

#2 ·
I can't foresee any problems with the K24 engine that's been around for quiet awhile now, and we all know about Honda Reliability!

I fully expect to easily get over 10 years out of my CRV, like I did with my 2000 CRV.

#8 ·
That rattle sound on cold starts is normal on almost any honda from my experience. Even my V6 Pilot sounded different on cold mornings vs after warming up. Our 93 Civic is that way too, and it has 211,000 miles on it. You should be good for a long time. My 2007 has 90k and is still like new.

#20 ·
I drove a good-condition low-mile 2010 CR-V yesterday. Manual gearbox, 2.0 litre petrol engine, 150 HP, Swindon-made I assume. I really liked the sitting position and ease of changing gears, as much as I like my 2005. Felt the engine to be a bit more eager than on my 2005. Biggest improvement over the 2005 was the 6:th gear. At 3000 rpm the 2005 does 100 km/h (top gear=5), while the 2010 did almost 120 km/h at 3000 rpm (top gear =6). The lower revs makes the drive quieter and will bring down petrol consumption a bit. Visibility backwards was worse than for the 2005 (smaller rear side windows). Now I know that I will go for a 2010 or 2011 model year CR-V when I retire my 2005. I don't like the looks of generation 4, and the manual gearbox of gen 4 did not feel as good as for gen 2 and 3.

#24 · (Edited)
My 2011 CRV-EX-L with navi has 80 K and I have changed oil every time the light comes on with Mobil 1,replaced a battery and at 80K replaced all the brake pads. Also at 50 or 60K replaced all fluids. It runs great and gets good mpg but I did drive 14 hours to S.C. it does not has long distance ass friendly seats ! I am actually going to an auto seat place to see what it might cost to get them more padding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.