2012 Honda CR-V Overall Quality?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2012 Honda CR-V Overall Quality?

crv|oc Rank: Member

2012 Honda CR-V Overall Quality?

To All 2012 Honda CR-V Owners:

Are you satisfied with the car overall? Does it feel like a well built car?

(1) Exterior and Interior Quality?

(2) Ride and Road Noise?

(3) Fuel Consumption?

I am thinking of buying one and your feedback will help me a lot.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

So far so good, just bought the car on Feb. 26, 2012, so it has not been that long. I bought 2012 CRV EX-L AWD (no RES, no NAV).
    The only problem I am experiencing is, the Bluetooth connection with my iPhone, it keeps disconnecting and re-connecting all the time, the phone is in my pocket while driving.

I am very satisfied with the exterior and interior, can't complain, this is my first Honda, never owned a Honda before, always had Toyotas.

Exterior:
    I noticed the undercarriage is covered with plastic cover almost the entire car, except the muffler area, which I think is very good to keep the metal from salt and water during winter time. Is this something that Honda has been doing all along, or this is a new design. My older Toyotas did not have this plastic cover, all the metals were exposed and I can see signs of rust all over.

Interior:
    Leather, nice, with big storage compartment on the side between driver and passenger, the way the backseats fold is impressive, they go flat with just a light pull of a handle.

Ride and Road Noise:
    Before we decided to go with CRV, we tested the RAV4 and did not see much of a difference (RAV4 is slightly smoother when driving over bumps on the road), we decided to go with CRV because of the back-up camera and better mpg over RAV4.

Can't say much about fuel consumption as I have not driven it that much, I noticed that the mpg drops as I idle the car for a while at the parking lot while waiting in the car with my daughter sleeping and my wife shopping in the mall during cold winter weather. Which tells me that the fuel flow is being calculated in real time in comparison with the mileage driven even when the car is not moving.

Hope this helps...

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    There are so many posts here about the 2012, Ashy. Take some time and read them all. Nobody is going to summarize everything for you.

In the end, only you can decide what to buy. Take one for a test drive.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
    To All 2012 Honda CR-V Owners:

Are you satisfied with the car overall? Does it feel like a well built car?

(1) Exterior and Interior Quality?

(2) Ride and Road Noise?

(3) Fuel Consumption?

I am thinking of buying one and your feedback will help me a lot.

Thanks
    After 2 months and 1,500 miles, very statisfied.

1. Excellent
    2. Very Good, no road noise, but some wind noise that could be improved.
    3. Excellent, have hit 33 MPG, current tank about half gone, trip computer on 29 MPG.
    25 Year Honda Owner
    My Other Ride Is A Ridgeline

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Satisfied here as well.
    1. Very well built. Feels solid
    2.Ride is nice but you do feel the bumps. It's not a Luxury car though. Pretty quiet and as far as CR-V goes; the quietest one yet.
    3. Fuel consumption is pretty good as well. This is going to be based on your driving habits and you WILL need to learn how to drive the CR-V to get the best MPG out of it.
    4. Technology wise; this is where Honda dropped the ball. Numerous issues with the iPhone and the overall system is convoluted to use. I hate having to press the damn button for each and every spoken word. The sound systems plain old sucks as well.

Other than the tech issues; this is one of the best cars I've owned so far. Pretty darn happy with it.

As is states in my sig 2012 EX-L AWD w/Nav.

EXCELLENT!!!

Only 350 miles so far...but hoping for 150k in the next ten years....
    2012 CR-V EX-L w/Navi - Opal Sage with Beige Interior

Bought 2012 EX-L AWD 2 weeks ago. Previously owened 2007 LX AWD. Big difference in road noise. MPG is 2-3 better on the highway. Of course higher trim line, so nicer and more equipment inside. I do use BT with iPhone - no issues thus far but have been hearing rumblings. Only use Hands Free Link so haven't tried Pandora, music streaming, etc. I do stream music from flash drive over USB - works great. Overall very satisfied so far.
    Last edited by releehweoj; 04-19-2012 at 11:13 AM.

My 2009 V is my first foreign car. Quality is great. Ride was a bit rough and noisy with the original Bridgestone tires. I replaced them with Michelin Latitude Tours and the ride smother and quieter. Mileage is interesting. On the Xway at 70 mph I get 28 mpg
    at 65 mph I get 31 mpg
    at 55 mph I get 38 mpg
    Thise numbers are 2 mpg better than with the Bridgestones. On one recent trip, I guess going downwind or something I got 41.7 mpg at 54 mph. BUT in stop and go traffic it's morfe like 21 mpg

Go figure.....navcad

10. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements