Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did You Pay For Your 2013?

Tags
2013 pay
132K views 256 replies 135 participants last post by  Lynette 
#1 · (Edited)
As the 2013's start rolling in, and since there's a very good chance that I'll be buying one soon, I'd like to hear what you paid for your 2013.

Please state your area.

Please state which model (LX, EX, EX-L), AWD or FWD, and whether it has Nav or DVD.

For the price: Total price including ALL fees EXCEPT actual out-of-pocket DMV fees and sales tax. Ignore trade-in allowance.

Thank you. Look forward to hearing the replies.

#114 ·
Just bought a new V last night. 2013 CRV EX AWD in polished metal metallic. Purchase price was $24,900 with destination and handling. I traded in my 2011 Ridgeline RTS with 19,000 miles. They gave me $23,000 for it so all in all I was pleased with the deal I got. This particular dealership also gives a lifetime powertrain warranty as long as the Honda required maintenance is kept up. I will sadly miss my Ridgeline as that was the BEST vehicle I ever had but really needed something easier on gas. Im sure I will be happy with the CRV though. Between my ex and I we had a CRV of every generation and was pleased with them all.

#115 · (Edited)
San Diego CR V Purchase

2013 CR V LX AWD

Negotiated Price: $22,900
Doc Processing Charge: $80
Sales Tax: $1,838
Electronic Vehicle Transfer Charge: $16
Vehicle License Fees: $149
Registration Fees: $97
California Tire Fees: $9

TOTAL: $25,089

After searching sites like truecar.com to determine the best deal in Southern California I had to determine if it was worth a 2 hour drive (each way) to Riverside or Los Angeles to save a couple hundred dollars with no guarantee I would get the deal advertised.

The first thing I bought for my new "V" was a cargo cover and tray (not standard on the LX). The cargo cover was $118 online compared to $300 offered at the dealer. Mud guards were dealer installed and included in the purchase price.

Overall, I'm happy with the price and even more happy with the car.

#116 · (Edited)
This is my first post here on this forum :)

2013 CRV LX FWD Albaster silver metallic (basic one)

Price: $21100
I traded in 09 Accord with 70K miles (Basque Red color i would not recomended nobody that color) so I payed TN tax of 9.25% for 10K =925$ and registrations transfer 10$ and some dealer paperwork fees 280$.

So total price was: $22315 OTD
This would be my wife car. I have VW passat TDI..
Car was bought at Crest Honda here in Nashville TN

#117 · (Edited)
2013 CR-V EX AWD in Mountain Air, beige interior. Also bought the protective side molding and all-season mats. Purchased at Kuni Honda in Centennial.
MSRP was $26,975 including destination charge. I paid $24,580 for the vehicle, $286 for the molding and $142.70 for the mats, plus $495 dealer fee, so total before tax was $25,503.70

I first visited Schomp Honda in Littleton, a "one price" dealer, to find out what they wanted. They were only willing to discount MSRP by $800. I went home, got on Kuni's website, found the car I wanted and asked for an Internet quote. Told them I'd been to Schomp and wanted to know their best out-the-door price, including any dealer fees. They came back with an offer for $1,900 off MSRP and no dealer fee. Probably could have haggled them down some more, but I was satisfied with the price. These cars are also extremely popular in Colorado and pretty much fly off the lots. In the above figures, the vehicle price is actually discounted by an extra $495, then the same amount was added back in at the end as a dealer fee, because by law they have to charge everyone the same dealer fee. That's why I show a dealer fee, even though I wasn't actually charged for one. I didn't do a trade and paid cash for the car.

The F&I guy did the usual hard sell of protection packages and extended warranty. I declined them all. He wanted $2,200 for a 72-month, 120,000 mile Honda Care extended warranty with $100 deductible. When I declined, he offered it at the "employee price" of "only" $1,600. I turned him down again. After the sale I got online and purchased the same warranty with no deductible from Saccucci Honda in Rhode Island for $955.

Overall, I came out feeling pretty good about the whole deal. Brought the car straight home and put it in the garage to keep it clean until next week when I'm having a local shop put on a clear bra.

#118 ·
I test drove a Toyota Rav4 and a Honda CRV EX-L today. I am leaning toward the Honda. The salesman said that Honda front loads the high end CRVs early in the model year and said it might be difficult to find an EX-L with Nav in September when I plan to purchase. Any truth to that?
I was very impressed with the ride. When I build my own, it looks like it will be about $ 31,125 plus sales tax. What should my OTD price be?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Lynn

#119 · (Edited)
Proud new owner of a 2013 cr-v 2wd EX!! I love it, drives nice. I used carwoo, truecar, edmunds, everything really, to determine a fair price. Wyler of Cincy had best price quoted over the internet, not sure if they applied any mystery charges besides that. Local dealer honored my best price found. Out the door was 24600.

#120 · (Edited)
President's Day Sale

Silver Spring MD, President's Day Sale. 2013 EX AWD Crystal Black Pearl . No dealer add-ons or accessories.
$23,095 Negotiated Price
830 Freight (Standard)
189 Dealer Fee
.06 MD Tax
272 Tags, Title
25421. OTD

They also gave me one additional oil change. (the first one is free)
I financed for 60 months at 1.99%.

#121 ·
Proud new owner of a 2013 CR-V EX-L AWD in Twilight Blue.

Paid a tad under $30k OTD.
No accessories besides the wheel locks that happened to be on the car we purchased.

Here's the break-down of the price:
Negotiated Price: $27,200
Doc Processing Charge: $80
Electronic Vehicle Registration/Transfer Charge: $29
Title/Reg: $310
Sales Tax: $2320
Total: $29940

Process was actually fairly seamless, got some price quotes online through TrueCar and compared them to some other sites before using the lowest quote and calling more local dealers to us. Our local dealership matched the price and we picked up the car the next day. The only hitch was the one in stock was sold by the time we got to the dealer but they were able to find another one from another dealer and drive it down to their dealership.

Thanks to this thread, I used this information as a comparison as well!

Here's a list of the vehicles we looked at/test drove before we decided on the CR-V:
  • Acura RDX
  • Audi Q5
  • Infiniti EX37
  • Toyota RAV4
  • Mazda CX-5
  • Ford Escape

#124 ·
Just purchased a 2013 EX model (no nav or dvd); we came out of the dealer in less than 3 hours and paid $25,220 before taxes, title and all other bs. The dealership we used here in Houston, was very kind. We are repeat customers and would be more than happy to recommend them at anytime "Spring Branch Honda aka: Goodson Honda".

#130 ·
Here was my deal at Scott Robinson Honda, Torrance Calif. for a CRV EX, Mountain air color
I solicited the 5 closest dealers via E-mail. SR was above the lowest by $200.00 but they honored the lowest bid.
They got the color I wanted from a dealer trade, all this without any contract or monies being exchanged. Had it prepped and waiting for me all on my WORD that I would buy it from them.
There was absolutly no pressure from add ons or extra warranties. They offered, I said no, they said OK.
$23,445.00 Doc. $80.00 Calif, sales tax $2117.25 Electronic veh reg. $16.00Lic. fees $261.75 Total out the door $25920.00
No trade on my 2004 lx crv, they offered 5300.00, @ 105,000 miles, but I had allready had a private party offer above that.

#131 ·
Here was my deal at Scott Robinson Honda, Torrance Calif. for a CRV EX, FWD, Mountain air color
I solicited the 5 closest dealers via E-mail. SR was above the lowest by $200.00 but they honored the lowest bid.
They got the color I wanted from a dealer trade, all this without any contract or monies being exchanged. Had it prepped and waiting for me all on my WORD that I would buy it from them.
There was absolutly no pressure from add ons or extra warranties. They offered, I said no, they said OK.
$23,445.00 Doc. $80.00 Calif, sales tax $2117.25 Electronic veh reg. $16.00Lic. fees $261.75 Total out the door $25920.00
No trade on my 2004 lx crv, they offered 5300.00, @ 105,000 miles, but I had allready had a private party offer above that.

#135 ·
I just bought a 2013 EX-L with Navi on Saturday. Added Tailgate Spoiler and Splash Guards. Price inclusive of tax and all fees 28,555.00...happy with this deal.

#138 ·
Well, I got mine about a week ago in NC. EXL; AWD w/o Navi or DVD. Splash guards, rear tailgate spoiler and exhaust finisher OTD 30,226.00. That includes every fee known to mankind. haha Took advantage of 0.9% for 60 mons w/AHFC so that is good anyway. I can keep my $$ in the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.