Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did You Pay For Your 2013?

Tags
2013 pay
132K views 256 replies 135 participants last post by  Lynette 
#1 · (Edited)
As the 2013's start rolling in, and since there's a very good chance that I'll be buying one soon, I'd like to hear what you paid for your 2013.

Please state your area.

Please state which model (LX, EX, EX-L), AWD or FWD, and whether it has Nav or DVD.

For the price: Total price including ALL fees EXCEPT actual out-of-pocket DMV fees and sales tax. Ignore trade-in allowance.

Thank you. Look forward to hearing the replies.

#198 ·
Invoice is too much. I don't have my numbers in front of me now, but I think we bought our 2013 AWD LX for about $400 below invoice out the door except for sales tax and state fees. The out the door price was $22,575 (with $750 flex cash for using their 0.9% financing)however that compares to what you're told invoice is.

#199 ·
Picked up my '13 EX-L a little over a week ago. Paid 26,437 + tax, title, etc.

Keep in mind there is invoice price and there is true dealer cost which are two different things. True dealer cost is not disclosed to the public and tough to find info about. So if you get a good price below the published "invoice price" I think you're doing ok.

#200 ·
When we threatened to walk out after just having had our daughter buy her new Accord, we ended up getting our '13 EX for $24k out the door. Sales manager said they'd eat the tax, license and fees. We were satisfied, but it was a long day of looking and negotiating for the two cars. It might not have been 'the best' deal we could have come up with given more looking time, but, we saw our CR-V unloaded off the truck and it only had two (2) miles on it when it was delivered to us with a fresh tank of Chevron gas. I'll gladly take a little more pricey deal in order to be totally responsible for the engine in the car, ie I'll put all the miles on it, not some would be customer out mashing the throttle on a test drive.

#201 ·
HELP - never purchased a car on my own - newly widowed :(

I'm so confused on what is a fair/expected price to pay for a 2013 CRV AWD EX especially since the 2014's are out soon.

I should qualify for the loyalty cash since I own a 2005 -

I'm confused about finding information about getting cash back for financing. Are there cost beyond the finance charges involved ?? Can I finance to get some cash back ?

I'm in the midwest - Omaha NE and could travel to get a better price.

#202 ·
What I did is I went to a couple of different dealer sites, picked the care I was interested in (color doesn't matter at this point) and sent a request for their "internet price". Most dealership sites have an internet or e-price link where you can request a price quote. I would do that and print them all out.

See which one has the better internet price and then try to get that lower or as low as you can. In most cases the internet price is lower than the so called "invoice price" which is not true invoice for the dealer anyway, but the internet price will get you closer to a better deal than just plain invoice price you can find on places like Edmunds.com

Use all online resources available.

If you're thinking about getting the extended warranty, which they will push on you, and it's something you want to do for peace of mind, google "honda care warranty prices" and look around. Places like www.saccuccihondacare.com offers the same plans at close to invoice prices. You can print out those prices and take them with you also, so when they say you can have an extended warranty for X amount, you can say "I can get it cheaper elsewhere unless you match it".

Hope that helps some. Good luck :)

#203 ·
Contact Adam Condon at Condon Honda in Sioux City IA. We bought our 2013 LX AWD from him 2 months ago. Found him to be honest and helpful. His price was SIGNIFICANTLY lower than anything we found in SD, MN or IA. We bought the CR-V over the phone on a Saturday and drove to Sioux City and picked it up Monday. I can't say enough good things about the dealership and Adam specifically. At that time, at least, Honda offered 0.9% 60 month financing with $750 "flex cash" for using their financing. Total interest on the amount we financed was $436, so Honda in effect paid us $300 to allow them to finance the car. I don't know what financing deals they offer now. We did not qualify for the loyalty cash.

Tell him Jim and Sharon from Brandon, SD who bought the grey LX referred you to him. Color was also not an issue for us.

#204 ·
I did the e-price thing with every Honda dealer within 150 miles. This is the only way I will ever purchase a new car from now on. No more sitting in the dealership haggling for hours, and no more gimmicks and high pressure sales tactics.

We picked up our 2013 EX AWD yesterday for $24800 out the door.

#205 ·
i also emailed all the local dealers for quotes. i couldn't get an EX for the price Saxon Pope did above, so opted for a bare bones LX with no dealer options. paid $22,500 OTD, which includes the $500 loyalty (flex cash ran out).

things to share:

1. rather than apply it to the sales price, they used the $500 loyalty as a "cash down payment". i noticed this afterward, meaning i paid taxes on the $23k rather than on $22,500. so it looks like i'm out $30 but i'm mentioning this to anyone who might be interested - be sure to ask how they'll apply your incentives.

2. i got two quotes from different salespersons at this dealer during my three week search. both were about the same, except salesperson #1 included a $199 nitrogen tire warranty that he said he couldn't budge on. salesperson #2 did not even mention the nitro warranty in his quote, and i noticed on the bill of sale that i got the warranty for a whopping $0.01! i would have rather saved the penny but i suppose they had to itemize it somehow. just a lesson to question every option/charge!

#206 ·
Just bought a new 2013 CR-V EX from a Spring Branch Honda in Houston. After TTL it was 26k even. This was the lowest price I could find and I used the Internet sales manager feature. I did shop around a bit and John Eagle Honda told me that no way could I get one for that price and that I should be more realistic on the pricing. They try to sale me one for 27,300 plus TTL. The kicker is that my wife wanted a certain color and the dealership I bought it at had to trade vehicles with John Eagle...lol. So basically I got their car at the price I wanted and someone else got the sale and commission. After reading a few of these pages it seems like these cars are cheaper up North or I just suck negotiating.

#207 ·
We got a quote for the EX, leather seats etc. for 480,000 Norwegian kroner which translates to around US$ 79,284.96 or £50,506.56..... Yup, no typos, those numbers are very real. Hence going for a somewhat older model which was actually triple the cost when compared to other countries.:confused: I guess they have to raise tax somehow since there are only a couple of million or so taxpayers in the whole country!

#208 ·
Just bought our 2013 CR-V from Spring Branch Honda in Houston for about $27,000 out the door. Not bad at all being that we got several extras and everywhere else was a lot more expensive. I am very satisfied with the price we paid.

#211 ·
Protection and Convenience Package (IBEX Sealant Interior/Exterior) (Nitrogen Tire Upgrade) $799.00, Accessory Protection Package (mud flaps, wheel locks, cargo tray, door edge guards) $799.00, and Lifetime Window Tint $399.00. We ended up only paying for the window tint. We were very happy with our purchase and salesmen. His name is Albie if you're interested. Use me as a reference so I can get some money lol.

#213 ·
Just got my EX-L AWD 13 for $26,671 + tax and title. This was an out of stock car and was silver on gray interior which is what I wanted. In that price is a $200 fee it cost to get a driver to drive my car to me about 200 miles away. Yes, it sucked that there were miles on my car AND that it cost me more money but it was the color I wanted, a close by dealership (easier to deal with than someone 30 miles away), and guys that I could trust and knew.

Through this whole process I've learned a lot. I'm sure that I could have gotten a better deal, still. If you can find the car in stock somewhere it will be a lot easier to get the price down.

#214 ·
I have been negotiating with a dealer in the northern California area for a 2013 AWD EX. The dealer is offering $27,987 OTD with roof-rails and crossbars included. I qualify for the 0.99 APR financing. Would this be considered a fair deal? There are not many other dealers in close proximity and I have limited time to travel to other dealers.

#215 · (Edited)
With tax and all other fees, etc. I paid close to 29k for a '13 EX-L (26,437 before all the tax and fees) so your price seems fair for OTD. If you're comfortable with it, tell them 27,500 and they have a deal. I think they can come down a little more.

#216 ·
trout30 Did you check truecar.com to see how that stacks up in your area.
I feel for people that don't have a lot of dealers fighting for their business.

#217 ·
Just bought a 2013 CRV EXL 2WD in southern California. About 24735 before TTL (OTD=272xx). How about this price? Someone said I should have got an AWD version at this price

We actually don't like the color (dark gray). We went there for a 2014 EX 2WD with OTD @ 26K , before -500 grad credit. But we were told there was no 2014 EX in silver/light blue/dark blue.

Still don't like the gray that much... The manager told me gray was the most popular color, but I think the most popular one should be silver and blue.

#222 ·
Just bought a 2013 CRV EXL 2WD in southern California. About 24735 before TTL (OTD=272xx). How about this price? Someone said I should have got an AWD version at this price
As you can see from previous posts, I don't believe you would have been able to get a 2013 EXL AWD for 24735 before TTL.

What kind of problems did you have? Sorry you got stuck with the gray.. Has it not grown on you?

#218 ·
Sounds to me like you were 'sold' a car they had but you didn't 'buy' a car you actually wanted.

#220 ·
Hope you get the issues resolved. I wanted a certain color which they didn't have so they made a stink about having to locate one for me. Even called me a couple of times to see if I would take what they had on the lot. Told them if they can't find it then no hard feelings and I'll get it elsewhere. They located one the next day...

Point being, don't settle. Get what you want the way you want it. It's your money and you should spend it on what you want.

Good luck!

#221 ·
With all the Honda dealers in the LA area, if you couldn't get the color you wanted from that dealer you should have walked. No reason to have bought something you didn't really want/like.

#223 ·
I have the issued fixed. I don't want a car in dark gray because my old car was dark gray and I really don't want another one in the same color. Also, I "feel" the car would become hotter than those in lighter color, e.g. silver/cyan, after parking outside for hours (in California).

They told me they could transfer one from another dealer but I had to wait until next Monday, if the car was still available. Seems I was offered a lower price and thus lower priority...

#224 ·
I bought the car from a dealer in SD actually. My old car got totaled last month. I took the ARMTRAK to SD and asked my girlfriend to pick me up. So I had to make the purchase as soon as possible.

I hate the traffic in LA. It may cost me hours of time driving from one dealer to another -- That's why I chose a dealer in SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.