Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did You Pay For Your 2013?

Tags
2013 pay
132K views 256 replies 135 participants last post by  Lynette 
#1 · (Edited)
As the 2013's start rolling in, and since there's a very good chance that I'll be buying one soon, I'd like to hear what you paid for your 2013.

Please state your area.

Please state which model (LX, EX, EX-L), AWD or FWD, and whether it has Nav or DVD.

For the price: Total price including ALL fees EXCEPT actual out-of-pocket DMV fees and sales tax. Ignore trade-in allowance.

Thank you. Look forward to hearing the replies.

#225 ·
I don't think I could get AWD at this price either. The best offer for 2013 EX-L AWD I have seen is 256xx before TTL, someone reported two months ago.

I'm afraid it has cost the dealer $100-$200 to fix the problem. And one days' time for me. They must think I'm a crazy customer...

Now, I've have almost convinced myself that gray is a cool color.

#226 ·
Gray DOES grow on you. We bought our LX based totally on the best price we could find....in whatever color it happened to be. That color was gray at a price almost 10% below anything we could find locally. We drove a couple of hours to pick it up. Amazing how quickly we fell in love with gray!!

#232 ·
Please explain the -$750 cash from 1.9% Honda financing....

Is this a rebate/cash back ??
Is this additional reduction beyond the negotiated price for the vehicle?
Is this local or nationwide from Honda and how do I know if my dealer is participating?

Is this for only 2013's or is it available for 2014's also?

I really need help getting the best price for my auto purchase because I don't know where to find info. for things like rebates and incentives available and knowing if my dealer particiaptes or passes these along to buyers.

#237 ·
If that includes all fees and taxes than it does sounds like a good OTD price.

#238 ·
As a point of reference, that's about $700 less than we paid OTD for our '13 EX FWD back in August.

#240 ·
I just bought my 2014 CRV EX AWD for 24700 before TTL. I had been working on three dealers in the area for the past month and finally got in under 25k which is what I was shooting for.

#241 ·
Just purchased a new 2014 CRV EX AWD for $24,273.30 on November 30, this includes $500 discount for using Honda financing - this includes all fees - no hidden expenses (tax and license not included)

Purchased from O'Daniel Honda in Omaha, Nebraska - did all negotiating via email - in/out in 1 hour with no surprises or change in agreed upon price. The 1 hour was driving the car, 5 minutes of paperwork, final detail and walk around.

I gave the Honda dealer 20 blocks from my house an opportunity to match the price and was told "can't do it, we would lose $1,000.00, but come back if O'Daniel doesn't sell at the agreed upon price"
Drove 50 miles, save some $ and am happy with the price I paid.

#242 ·
Jumped the gun while at my first dealership looking for a 14 Honda CRV EXL AWD in Kona for my wife. I'm usually a Carmax guy because I hate dealing with the dealerships. Long story short I ended up with a price of $30766 OTD and haven't been able to sleep. I should have done more homework. I tried to get it at $28000 OTD and all heck broke loose in that place. They wouldn't even show me the invoice price which they attempted to charm my wife to switch the conversation. Well it worked as my wife insisted that this was a good deal, I on the other hand feel the shaft. Any thoughts, comments or suggestions!

#243 ·
In general people are going to usually feel they could have done better. I think that with every car i buy, especially when they are so agreeable to the price I've researched and walk in with :D

You could have gotten it for less, but it's not a terrible price. It's a done deal, enjoy the vehicle and next time have your wife agree to do more research.

Best of luck with the V.

#244 · (Edited)
Last month, I sent emails to 5 Michigan dealers, all within 100 miles of me, asking for a $30,000 OTD price, including 6% Mich sales tax, on a 2014 AWD CRV EXE-L w/navigation. They all refused at first, but then three days later two of those dealers contacted me and said they could do that if I used Honda financing with a $500 credit. Anyway, I had some issues with my ailing sister at the time, so didn't follow through on the offer. If one of those dealers would have accepted my offer the first time, then would have made the deal. Things changed quickly, and was just too busy.

Now, I've pretty well decided to recontact the dealer who made the first offer of $30,000 OTD. Opinions on price, please. I have been very indecisive in this new car purchase, since I'm still a little interested in the Subaru Forester. However, on the Forester Forum, the many posts about oil usage, poor seats, etc, have scared me off.

#246 ·
Now, I've pretty well decided to recontact the dealer who made the first offer of $30,000 OTD. Opinions on price, please.
I think you can do better. Mine is a '13 but I got the EX-L for 26,347 before TTL so it all came out to less than 30K. It's not a bad price OTD but do a little more research on the net and what I did is I went to a few dealer websites, looked for their "internet price" link and when I got a response I printed all that plus what I could find on the internet and took a folder with me. They don't like to see people walk in with a folder. LOL

Good luck.

#245 ·
Definitely love the vehicle. With all the EX-L has to offer, I just figured out how to post pictures to the wallpaper. I live in Maryland and the MSRP was 29766 with TTL it was something like 1000 over and some change. I had a trade in but they weren't going to give me what i want for it, which I was okay, I could get more for it selling it private party. They offered Honda financing but they really didn't offer any special rebates or discounts. When I looked at the buyers order, they did not have much of a breakdown. I'm not sure if they usually have dealers cost on there, but i do recall buying an infinity QX4 and seeing dealers cost and such so to me it was pretty sketchy. But like wolf29 said its just like that feeling that you could have done better even if it worked out. the only war i won there was not giving in to car they wanted to sell us on that lot. Kona was the color we wanted and they had to order one from another dealership, but they did however try to get a deposit from me, which didn't happen.

#248 ·
Treeman - Best way I've found to see if it's a good price is truecar.com. They'll give you a price relative to your area. When we finished buying ours, the salesman told me they were a truecar dealer and basically match any offer from any other dealer. We bought two cars that day so I feel we got a good deal on our EX as during negotiations we started by making a really low offer out the door, TTL over the curb price. Once they saw our credit scores they knew we were serious. I asked to see the invoice. Our offer was below it. We raised our offer by $1k and they took it, just before we were about to walk out. You have to be ready to walk away if it's not the deal you want. Don't settle for a car they want to sell you either. GET the car you want.

#253 ·
If they want to make a sale they'll offer you that deal.

What I've also learned is that they are two type of invoices for the dealer. That invoice price you see on Edmunds or that the dealer willingly shows you is not their true cost. The true invoice you never see.

I found that out because my wife now works for our town and they have a car purchasing program for municipal employees and the documentation said it's 2% over dealer cost/invoice and not the invoice that is readily available on the internet. That there are two invoice prices to the dealer. The one they show you and the true cost of the car to them.

Our next car will be through this program and then I'll get so see the true cost to the dealer.

All that to say they rarely, if ever, lose money on a deal. Don't let them give you that song and dance.

#254 ·
2013 used 13k miles. EX-L with Navi plus 5 or 6 addtional dealer add ons. I don't remember them all, just got it last night for the wife. 7yr. 100k bumper to bumper warranty for 29.5 not including taxes.

#255 ·
OTD Price for a 2014 EX-L AWD with Navi

I am in the market for a new CR-V and went to three dealers in my area (Charlotte, NC). I was quoted $30K OTD for a 2014 EX-L with Navi (using Costco pricing). I just wanted to check whether this is a good price or should I keep looking?

They also seem to be lowballing me on my current car. I have an '08 Accord LX with leather seats in great condition. They are only quoting $8200 for that one.

Looking for advice here, guys! :)

#257 ·
Hi HondaMann99,

I'm sure you're past the days of looking for a 2013 CR-V, however since there are still some users posting on your original post, perhaps some people are still interested in a 2013 Honda CR-V. Here's what I got from Harrisonburg Honda

1. Harrisonburg, VA
2. Used 2013 CR-V EX, AWD
3. $23,997

1. Harrisonburg, VA
2. Used 2013 CR-V LX, AWD
3. $20,997

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.