Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did You Pay For Your 2013?

Tags
2013 pay
132K views 256 replies 135 participants last post by  Lynette 
#1 · (Edited)
As the 2013's start rolling in, and since there's a very good chance that I'll be buying one soon, I'd like to hear what you paid for your 2013.

Please state your area.

Please state which model (LX, EX, EX-L), AWD or FWD, and whether it has Nav or DVD.

For the price: Total price including ALL fees EXCEPT actual out-of-pocket DMV fees and sales tax. Ignore trade-in allowance.

Thank you. Look forward to hearing the replies.

#2 ·
EX-L no NAV or DVD. $28,300 + $830 Destination Fee, Bay Area. I also added a Bike Rack and discounted motion/sensor alarm (not included in that price).

They were only offering about $500 off a 2012 (which I maybe could have pushed to $800), but unless it was more than $1000 less, it wasn't worth it for me to get the 2012.

#3 ·
I just got a quote for a 2013 CRV EX-L 2-Wheel Drive that will be arriving at a dealership one the Gulf Coast, one state away from where i live (145 miles exactly) this Monday. They told me they would be selling it to me off the truck for a complete total of $28,000 (that's with every fee & charge including the tax where I live which again is 3.50%). Now even though I'm not purchasing any extras (like extra warranties or anything else), this sounds to good to be true. What do you think?

#7 · (Edited)
I would email as many dealers as you can and ask for their out the door price!! I did that in the DC region to close to 20 dealers and was quite a bit of difference in the ones that would give me an OTD price (some just stated would match) As well--if your going to buy an extended warranty--there are a few dealers that wil sell it to you for far less than what most others will---you can do it over the phone!! If you do a search on here you can find them--can't recall them off the top of my head, but its a very substantial savings!! As well check out truecars.com--supposedly they buy the info from banks and insurance companies--but prob no data for a 2013 model yet!!

I did the same as you, when I got the3 price I wanted--as we talked over the phone for the last bit--send me an email with it all--which he did!! Best, stress-free car purchase ever.

#9 ·
Get the dealership to send you the VIN number for this car and do a free VIN check on carfax.com. You will be able to tell if it is a 2013 CR-V from that search.

If it is coming on the truck to them next week, they will have the VIN in their system. That's what my dealership sent to me 2 weeks before the car reached them.

#10 · (Edited)
Adi

I just got deal on Honda CRV 2013 5DR AWD EXL AT Crystal Black for 28000 OTD. And APR 2.24.
I also took 72 months platinum warranty extra for 1000 just to have peace of mind in case electric wires get mess up like my last car due to over heating. So total is 28000+1000 What you say it's a good deal or bad deal.
By the way its without GPS/DVD

#12 ·
I just got deal on Honda CRV 2013 5DR AWD EXL AT Crystal Black for 28000 OTD. And APR 2.24.
I also took 72 months platinum warranty extra for 1000 just to have peace of mind in case electric wires get mess up like my last car due to over heating. So total is 28000+1000 What you say it's a good deal or bad deal.
By the way its without GPS
You may have been able to get ur warranty for cheaper as there are 2 dealerships mentioned on this site that quite often sell for less. Al ldone over the phone/email. Congrats on ur new purchase

#13 ·
Thanks for reply !!! Thank You!!
Warranty I negotiated a lot from 2285 to 1000. But still is it good deal or bad for OTD 28000+1000(warranty) 2013 CRV EXL 5DR. I tried through email from Edmonds and KBB and in Virginia and Maryland. No one was able to Match. If they come down 100 they were adding all sort packages fee and etc and APR was high. So should I be happy or it's ok so so deal...

#15 ·
Yes, you are right i would have got better rate for extended warranty. But I check I have platinum warranty. So it was difference of 200-250. But I made better deal on car that's 28000 OTD and with 2.24 APR. I hope I am in good deal ball park if not best. Just want peace of mind that I am not rip off in a big way.

#17 ·
vehicle including accessories, delivery, and installation charges = 26658
Sales and processing fees =1285 (900+385)
DMV registration fees and title lien = 93 (83+10)
Bottom line is they got it around 28k by crunching numbers here and there.
APR =2.24 (American Honda)
Warranty = 1023 ( 72M/100000) platinum ( top of the line) I know it's higher. I found cheaper when I google the link provided on this forum. Thanks for information I can be Assure that next time I will be more careful. We always learn from our mistakes.
They gave me 2.24 because I took warranty otherwise with out warranty they offer me 3.89 APR. I have good credit score above 750. Anyways I was going to take warranty either way after all negotiations. But they included later warranty for APR negotiation.
Figures are round figure not counting all decimals.
I am from northern Virginia . I hope this information help others to get at least ball park for future purchase and who are new to car buying market.

#19 ·
I think they will not let me cancel since he gave me APR deal because of warranty. But still I will try to get refund and cancel warranty and get deals from links provided from this forum. I have to read warranty contract too if I can cancel. I only read what's cover and all for warranty.

#21 ·
I felt the same way---make it worth my while. $100 is nothing to sneeze at, but one hopes that maybe that would translate into better service! We moved to Nicaragua soon after buying our 2011, so customer service didnt really matter,lol
I have learned though-----once you buy a new vehicle--any dealer is more than happy to service it and do any warranty work...then your back in a whole new ball game---finding a good Honda Garage,lol Enjoy that CRV!! Sounds like you made a good deal, and that truly adds to one enjoying their vehicle.

#39 · (Edited)
You count destination. That goes to the dealer. You just exclude the items (sales tax and DMV) that go to the state that are going to be the same no matter where you buy.

So destination is $830 I think, giving you a total of $29,875. MSRP is $31,025, so you're $1,150 under MSRP. Not bad, but I'd keep shopping. You might be able to do better, and there's only one way to find out. I'd bet you could do better if you push it.

#40 · (Edited)
How about if they throw in a few accessories at that price? all weather mats, cargo tray, wheel locks and splash guards? Do you think they'd budge on that price plus throw those items in?

Just wanted to point out that I'm a first time new car buyer and trying to get the best deal possible.

HondaMann, how did you come to that $1,150 under MSRP price? I'm getting $1,980...

I was just looking over my numbers and the $29,045 price is the car + destination. Tax is $2,323 (8%), tags is $222.95. The OTD number they had given me was $31,586.18.

#41 ·
How about if they throw in a few accessories at that price? all weather mats, cargo tray, wheel locks and splash guards? Do you think they'd budge on that price plus throw those items in?
I wouldn't be negotiating with those items UNLESS you were fully prepared to pay cash for all of them anyway.

They may budge, they may not. Some dealers are a lot hungrier than others. Some dealers don't care if you walk away. I've been to many dealers in my life who didn't seem to care one bit if I didn't want to pay their overpriced numbers.

HondaMann, how did you come to that $1,150 under MSRP price? I'm getting $1,980...
I'm showing $31,025 as MSRP for the model you described. $31,025 - $29,875 = $1,150.

#44 ·
Many thanks to the advice and information from the people on this forum, and especially crvvirginia, I am now the owner of a 2013 2WD EXL in Twilight Blue.

I did all the negotiating via email and finished up over the phone. Spent Friday morning negotiating and picked up the car last night with 4 miles on it (still on the truck Friday). Spent 1.5 hrs in the dealership signing the paperwork, could have been less but our insurance company couldn't find a record of the VIN and it took a while for them to manually enter it. No financing, no trade, and I declined the warranty ($998, 7 year).

I negotiated the out the door price, and they worked backwards to fill in the rest of the numbers. OTD was 28250. Accessories include mud guards, wheel locks, nitrogen in tires (haha), and rear seat covers. I used the prices from H&A to come up with an accessory total of $306 that I would have bought and installed myself, had they not been included. Rear seat covers I negotiated, the rest was "factory installed accessories".

Price was 175 under invoice (26596 - 26421), and if you include the accessories, 480 under invoice.

I found it difficult to locate a dealer with exactly what I wanted. The 2WD EXL seems especially hard to find. I also wanted Blue or Red and those colors appear harder to find as well. Bottom line is you can get a 2013 CRV for less than invoice.

Base 25080
Dest 830
Fees 511
----------

Tax (6%) 1578
Registration 250

Total 28250

Hope this helps!

#45 ·
Many thanks to the advice and information from the people on this forum, and especially crvvirginia, I am now the owner of a 2013 2WD EXL in Twilight Blue.
Congrats on your purchase. But I thought you were looking at the AWD?

Bottom line is you can get a 2013 CRV for less than invoice.
Very good to know. Thanks much.

#49 ·
I'll let ya know in 2020, when I buy it. I just bought a 2006 with 31,000 miles. It was garage kept and the only thing missing was the new car smell. The original owner traded it for a 2013. With a little detective work, I found her. Went by to let her know her old one found a good home. She asked for my name and phone number, which she wrote on her paper work folder for the 2013, and asked if I would like a call about the 2013, when she gets ready to get another one. Of course I said yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.