Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did You Pay For Your 2013?

Tags
2013 pay
132K views 256 replies 135 participants last post by  Lynette 
#1 · (Edited)
As the 2013's start rolling in, and since there's a very good chance that I'll be buying one soon, I'd like to hear what you paid for your 2013.

Please state your area.

Please state which model (LX, EX, EX-L), AWD or FWD, and whether it has Nav or DVD.

For the price: Total price including ALL fees EXCEPT actual out-of-pocket DMV fees and sales tax. Ignore trade-in allowance.

Thank you. Look forward to hearing the replies.

#50 · (Edited)
I was the OP here. I just picked up my 2013 AWD EX-L (no Nav, no DVD) in Polished Metal. Got it for $29,100 OTD including everything. It was actually $20,000 + my trade in (valued at $9,100). So if you start with the $29,100 and subtract out sales tax ($1,360), DMV and other fees ($198), it comes to a purchase price of $27,542. MSRP is $29,525 and Invoice is $27,766. So, that's $224 under Invoice. I financed the $20,000 through Honda at 2.49%.

Now you might say that I really didn't get it that cheap because they low balled me on my trade-in. They didn't. They were actually pretty generous on the trade-in. Other dealers offered me $7,500 - $8,500. At $9,100, it's really worth $9,800 to me because of the sales tax savings. I probably couldn't have gotten much more than that if I sold it privately, and I may not have even gotten that. And then there's the advertising expenses, and the cost of carrying insurance until the car is sold.

So all in all, I'm pretty happy with the deal. And my wife loves the car (it's hers).

#53 ·
How many dealers have you emailed?? Sometimes its def worth ur while to drive a few hours to get the best deal. I did all my negotiating ONLINE via emails, then simply went to the dealership and paid for it. In the email I stated I was going to be purchasing very shortly, I would be emailing other dealers and I wanted their out the door price. As well told them the exact model/color I wanted! I called the top 5 best deals up, just to let them know I was real--but didn't negotiate! Best buying purchase ever---Very stress free. Lived in VA at the time, bought in MD. I guess thats the 1 nice thing about living in DC---many dealers. But you should increase the area ur looking in. A few salesman told me, they all sell for the nearly the same price--very not true!! Checkout truecars.com--supposedly they get thier info from banks and insurance companies?? best of luck

#57 ·
If you have a carmax in ur area you can take it to them and see what they will give you. Thats what I did on my scion XB. After I got the price I wanted on my 2011 CRV--I mentioned the Scion---they said they would give me this amount---I said I can take it to Carmax and they will give it to me for this price(thier quote is good for 1 week)--they came within $100 of the carmax price and I didnt want the hassle of selling it privetly. Plus they gave me the first 2 servicings Free!! So two free oil change and the rear diff oil changed--lot more than $100!!

I would just say I want $26900 and see what they say! If they can't give you a quote over email or phone---you can't show them the quote u got from another dealer!!

Just remember--once you get into the dealership---ur more likely to just settle to get it over with!! I know thats how I felt when we went to one delaer that we thought we were close!! Walked out to the surprise of my wife,lol and saved another $600!! Best of luck

#58 ·
2013 EXL AWD - 27K + tax + dmv

I picked up the above yesterday from Lia Honda - Albany, NY. Did most of the communication via email and final confirmations on the phone before walking in to the dealership. They were quite nice and weren't arrogant as some of the Honda dealers that we met with.

Also picked 8years/100K (0 ded) extended warranty from Hondacare for $910 - from Hyannis Honda.

#60 · (Edited)
Hey guys.

I purchased a 2013 CRV EX-L AWD yesterday.
I didn't get as great of a deal as some folks on here but I thought we did okay.

I agreed to 27500. They kept saying that they would only give me 8000 for my trade so I said there is no way and they bumped it up to 8500 and I said no thanks and got up to leave. Finally they agreed to 9000 for my trade. I feel like I could've pushed add ons too but it was late and our 10 month old daughter was just tired of being there and ready to go home. so after my trade, i paid 18500 + tax + dmv. came out to be 20,357.75
I'm paying full cash and this price was still somewhat under my planned budget so I'm okay with it.

Its 500 more than what tp2009 paid but I guess I just wasn't aggressive enough. oh well. I pick it up saturday.

I guess i'll just order some OEM parts online for cheap (splash guards and exhaust finisher. maybe door edge guards... not sure about that yet) and DIY it. :)

all in all i'm happy that this whole ordeal is done and over with and happy that I get to be a CRV owner!!! :)

#71 ·
I've been negotiating with dealers in the DC area for a 2013 AWD EX. The best offer I've got so far is $26,800 OTD (EVERYTHING included), and that includes roof-rails and crossbars. I think that's pretty good (it's lower than what any other dealers have offered), but I'm second guessing myself. Thoughts?

Also, I was able to get pre-approved for 0.99% APR financing through PenFed Credit Union (which anyone can join). Their normal rate is 1.49%, but if you go through their "car buying program" which is part of TrueCar, they have certain dealers with who they give you a special APR with. It was the best financing deal I could find.

#74 · (Edited)
I just received this quote in RI for a 2013 Honda CRV LX AWD $22,570 as a base and then RI Sales tax $1,579.90, RI Doc Fee $200, RI Title fee $20, Registration $175 (said there would likely be a refund from this) total out the door after taxes is $24,564.90. Color is Black Pearl

Is this a good price? Thanks!

#76 ·
I just bought a new 2012 LX which as far as I can see is the same as a 2013. Our local dealer in Lemon Grove, CA offered about $600 off the $21,325. I shopped quotes on the Internet and received several much lower from the Orange/Los Angeles county area; about 100 miles to the north. Checking inventories online for a white 2012 LX I asked quotes on a few cars by dealer's stock number. One quote was for $1700 less than MSRP. I phoned the dealer in San Juan Capistrano (Weseloh Honda) to be sure there were no dealer add-ons. There weren't. He double checked to see if the "incentive" had carried over into November. I was calling on Nov. 1st. Sounded good. I was on Interstate 5 about 45 minutes after receiving the email quote. Arrived at the dealer and took an abbreviated test drive and did the paperwork. There was no trade. The selling price was $21,599 plus 80 document fee, 1680 sales tax (7.75%), 283 plates and 21 for a couple of fees. Total out the door was 23,617. One month and 900 miles later I'm still very pleased with the purchase and the car.

#77 ·
I spent a few weeks looking, test driving various cars. I needed something that old get me home hound we have snow. I also wanted a car that drove eel and had a good reputation. I'd owned an Accord back n the late 80's and it served us well. I hate buying vehicles and tend to keep them for a good ten years.
I'm in the Northwest and don't have access to numerous dealers, nor the time. I went with 3 dealers and also looked very closely at the 13 Outback. Subarus are everywhere here, but so are the CRV and the Rave.
I had been checking his forum and a lot of the threads, so to you that post, thank you!

That said this is what I paid.
2013 EX- Twilight Blue
$25,700 this includes splash guards, chrome tailpipe, all weather mats, door guards and cargo mat.
Sales tax rate was an additional 8.9%
No destination
Doc fee $150
Title fees-tabs $134
I also paid $1656 for a 84k/75,000 mile warranty
Financed at 2.49 thru Honda- plan on transferring in a few months when my bank has its .9% offer.

Loving the car!!!

#78 ·
just picked up a 2013 lx - awd alabaster silver

i was all set to pay 2.99% financing when finance guy told me if i take an extended warranty, he''ll give me 1.59%. after some hemming and hawing ( i have never bought an extended warranty on anything) we figured the extended warranty payment differential to be $13.18 per month for 60 months. so i took it. here's my cost:

23,400.00- 2013 crv lx awd
1200.00- 84 month/75k extended warranty
2121.75- sales tax (8.625%)
75.00- doc fee
10.00- nys inspection fee
12.50 nys tire recycling fee
60.00 plates (dmv)

26,879.25 out the door

#79 ·
I am in the market for a new 2012 CRV EX 2wd. i have spoken to 4 dealers and each one of them is quoting a base price of around $23,900 and OTD price of around $26,400. I am not sure if this is good deal. Atleast one of them is not ready to reduce more than $100-$200 on base price. Is this a good deal?

#80 ·
I'm in the market for a fully loaded AWD EX-L with Navi 2013 CRV. Best deal I've gotten so far is $29k OTD. That's with all tax, tags, title, etc. I should be picking one up within the next couple days!

Located in Northern, VA. Gotta love the fact there are SO many honda dealerships in the area

#83 ·
2013 Honda CRV EX 2WD

Good deal???

I've emailed about 20 dealers or so and this is my best quote so far.

2013 Honda CRV EX 2WD

Car Price = $22,917 (includes $830 destination fee)
Doc fee = $499
Tax = $300
Title = $168

Comes with no extras, but they said "car mats won't come between me selling you a car"

I'm located in South Carolina

Thoughts???

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.