Status
Not open for further replies.

2015 CR-V spy shots

121K views 453 replies 51 participants last post by  JustinTime 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Looks like a facelift year. Thanks for posting

#3 ·
Nice changes. Assuming that's how it will look in the U.S. I like that it's finally got projector headlights. Grill is nice with the honeycomb lower portion. Turn signal lights on the door mirrors and what looks to be a lane watch camera on the right side mirror. Very nice.

Wheels don't look right for that type of vehicle but that's just personal preference. Will be interesting to see what it will cost if all those features are available in the U.S. market. If indeed it has all that, I expect the price to jump up quite a bit for the U.S.

Thanks for the link. Cool stuff.

#4 ·
Look closer, there's a LOT of tape on that frontend, and in the rear too.
I'll bet the lights aren't that different, it's just taped up to make it look like it is.

#6 ·
Not sure about the rear, but those are definitely Projector headlights peeking out of the front. If so, about time Honda!

#5 ·
Maybe these are designers just doing RnD on a 2014. Note the first picture, the passenger's face is covered, but the driver is gladly having his picture taken. And it also looks like it's standing still in each photo, maybe not in the last one.

Like Mike said above, it's likely a facelift (with new rims on the current chassis).

#9 ·
The rear bumper and tailgate trim are definitely updated, and there appears to be some hidden, molded trim at the bottom of the window on both sides of the 'H' that didn't exist before either. I am still not fond of the 2012+ tailgate window that is barely usable and doesn't go down far enough to help the tailgate look less mini-van like.

#14 ·
Good read. Time will tell if certain upgrades like the headlights will just be on the EX-L or not. Article also suggested the CVT engine will be in place. Will also be interesting how good that will be.

I sure hope I don't really like the new design because then I'm going to be itching to replace my '13 :D

#17 ·
Hopefully the headlight performance was improved with the redesign as that seems to be a common complaint for 4th gen owners. Last time around, the mid cycle refresh didn't change anything with the headlights (3rd gen, 2010 refresh).

#22 ·
2015 Honda CR-V Spy photos

The Honda CR-V is getting a refresh for 2015, and our latest spy photos reveal what to expect.

Spotted extreme heat testing in Death Valley, the 2015 Honda CR-V is sporting an updated front end featuring a new grille, headlights, fog lights and bumper. In the rear of the popular SUV, Honda is updating the CR-V with a new set of new tail lights, revised tailgate styling and a new rear bumper.

SEE ALSO: Should I buy a Used Honda CR-V?

Some of the prototypes were also spotted with new wheel designs.

When it comes to mechanical upgrades, the 2015 Honda CR-V is expected to be powered by the company’s 2.4-liter Earth Dreams four-cylinder engine mated to a CVT.
See more photos of the 2015 Honda CR-V at AutoGuide.com

#23 ·
From looking at the picture on the autoguide site, it looks it will be the higher trim that gets the projector headlights and probably the other goodies. Could be the EX or just the EX-L as in this image it seems to be the LX based on the wheels and it doesn't seem to have projector headlights.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Motor vehicle

#24 ·
Looks like no projector lights for lower trim models...

#25 ·
The one million dollar question... Did they give the passenger an actual armrest to use on the LX..

I am interested in interior changes.

Seriously, I wonder why they dressed it up. If they just drove it around town people would think it was just a modded CRV and no one would have notice. They could have done testing and won't be bothered with photographers and car journalist.

From the back it looks like the CRV reflectors got moved up to the bottom trunk area instead of having it mounted under the rear bumper, Also looking at the back did they get rid of the top center LED brake light? Since it is a solid color I wonder if they went back to halogen?

In the front, can't tell if the headlights are the same, the orange parking lights located on the side of the lense seems different, did they go led with that instead? For the upper trims looks like they went Dunlop tires... Most likely Dunlop ST30's, instead of Bridgestone Dueler tires.. I wonder how the Dunlops will do in winter vs the Bridgestone..

Basically:

1. New front grill
2. New headlight design (Halogen for LX, Projectors for EX-L?)
3. Rear trunk reflector move to near the rear doors instead of bottom bumper
4. Tires changed from Bridgestone Duelers to Dunlop Grandtrek ST30's(EX and higher)
5. New rim design for EX and higher

#26 ·
If they put in the 2.4l earth dream engine it would be interesting as it produces more power and torque.. However the CVT will kill it....

Also since they are in hot Texas testing, they better do a very long drive with hills and stuff and not just short trips.. CVT's had problems with people driving on hot days and 1 hour + on the highway going up and down hill. Hopefully the new CVT current gen fixes them..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG_Zf1eo0Pw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNkEZt0mr-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-4sTctcGKw

Videos like this makes me nervous about CVT. Wit a conventional transmission if your transmission dies you are stuck and not moving.. I always what would happen to conventional transmissions when they overheat.. With CVT they wine and complain when they get hot, and you lose quite a bit of power, goes into a limp mode to prevent damage.

#38 ·
My question would be how well does it work with AWD engaged for either off-road or snowy conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.