Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What did you pay for your 2015 CRV?

Tags
2015 crv pay
151K views 285 replies 143 participants last post by  beneb 
#1 ·
Taking cue from the other thread for 13s :)

Let me start. I am Honda noob. Had my eye on a 2015 Civic but both my current clunkers died within days of each other forcing the wife to blackmail :) me into buying a bigger car yesterday. Hence the CRV 2015. Almost zero car buying experience (should have come here before) so may be I got shafted, but it is what it is now on the OTD I paid.

2015 CRV-EX AWD (no navigation, but desert package i.e. tinting, ZAKTEK coating, trunk tray, wheel locks)
MSRP: 26,670
Invoice?
Taxes: 2,229
Lic/Reg: 510
Doc: 395
Tire Disposal: 5
OTD: 30,000 :confused:

#3 · (Edited)
What is the tire disposal?

It looks like the desert package is a dealer added item that in effect they charged you $1000, you could have duplicated the package on your own for much less. Do you realize the conditions for warranty on the Zaktek package? Also, it has to be reapplied every 6 months at the dealer, likely more $$

#6 · (Edited)
If that's not the OTD price then I think you can do better. Considering sticker is 30,100 that's not much of a "special price". For my '13 EX-L AWD I got a price of 26,437 so adjust for a 2 year difference and such.

#8 · (Edited)
Just for reference, the CarsDirect.com price for a 2015 EX-L front wheel drive (w/o nav) with MSRP of $28,850 is $28,498 which is only $352 discount off MSRP.
(Their price on a base LX is only $96 off MSRP :eek:) Maybe with time the discounts will increase.
http://www.carsdirect.com/2015/honda/cr-v/prices-deals

TrueCar.com is showing some better deals in their data of prices paid:
https://www.truecar.com/prices-new/honda/cr-v-pricing/2015/4D5E0681/

I don't know where or how they get their data, but they are showing the spread of prices paid from below invoice to over MSRP and, according to the graph, at least 4 people have paid over $30k for it.

#173 ·
Yes that's pretty good. Got mine with 5 year warranty and all in with cost of borrowing. Only waited 4 weeks for it. Happy CRV owner:cool:

#15 ·
But.. don't you have to add the taxes, lic/reg on top of the 28,659? If not compared to mine you are getting an excellent deal since mine was just a EX not EX-L for 30K OTD. I also went in with the COSTCO card and I think COSTCO was completely bypassed when they mixed in all the "add-ons" into the equation. I think the dealerships can always confuse you on the final price even when you have a set number in mind. Because your OTD does not include what the dealer might have added on the car already. In my case, I told them to take off the extra security system of $799. They DID take it off when they gave me the car.

So coming back to the pricing $28,659 OTD for a 2015 CRV EX-L would be great (simply comparing to mine, but some others may have better deals as time goes by we will see).

#16 ·
Not OTD. Taxes and registration would need to be added at approx. $1,900. Who knows what else they're not disclosing (dest. charge?); trying to get an OTD price from these guys is next to impossible. I'm not sure how many different times/ways I can ask the same question and not get a direct answer.

I'm going to cast the net farther...

#17 ·
I purchased my 2015 CRV a little over 2 weeks ago. I almost purchased a 2014, but then stumbled onto this site and saw some spy shots of the 2015 and decided to wait. I purchased a 2WD EX model for $23738.96 plus state taxes/doc fee. So far, I really love it and have been pleased with my purchase!

#18 ·
It appears the pending OTD price for the 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD would be $30,497 (28,659 (car) + 118 (reg.) + 1,720 (tax). Again, I haven't had the dealer actually confirm this as OTD so my confidence is somewhat low; I'm expecting a destination fee of $800 to find it's way in at some point.

Overall, I haven't found dealers to be very motivated to sell this model. There must be a lot of interest, thereby allowing them to be more selective. I actually just had a dealer quote me MSRP ($30,100) as their "special" e-price!

#19 ·
i can see that. It's probably in more demand with the changes so they don't have to negotiate too much yet. As the months go by or towards the end of the year they might be more open to negotiations. I can see them being more motivated to sell the leftover '14s however as my local dealer has 30 of them on the lot.

#25 ·
I used the Costco Auto Program to buy a 2015 AWD Touring for $31,581. The price is the invoice price (including delivery). That is $2K off the 2015's when they are just showing up at the dealerships and not being discounted much. I had to order mine to get the copper sunset. I am happy with the price especially since it had to be built.

#29 · (Edited)
I bought my new CRV in Toronto,on the Invoice it reads Freight $1135.00,I asked if I could walk up to
Alliston to pick it up myself,I was being facetious,this is outrageous as its a 50 mile or 80km trip.
You guys in the USA Pay less for yor CRV and less for Freight,My next car is an Audi Q3 Screw Honda. By the way I paid 3807.68 Tax.Plus Honda's ARE Not Really AWD.

#31 ·
For people still looking to buy a 2015 CRV, invoice (including destination) should be the maximum price you'd want to pay. Don't worry too much about this being an updated model. It's a widely available car and there is no shortage of supply so you don't need to pay anything close to full price. I just bought a 2015 EX AWD and I paid $24,800 plus taxes and fees (total out the door price was about $26,700) Invoice on this model is 25,871 and MSRP is $27,500 so my price was about $1000 below invoice. Get as many dealerships involved as you can and let them know about any lower offers you get. Let them bid for your business.

#33 ·
Nice Deal vinCRV15 !!!
I am waiting until 2014 is all gone.
my target price for 15 EX AWD is $24500 with Mudguard, Cargo tray and all weathermat...is this possible maybe end of year?
I am in washington state. does anyone here in washington and get great deal before?

#34 ·
NO!!! Buy an Audi Q3 and get a real AWD with a real Trany for that kind of $ , my new EXL AWD CRV
really let me down in last years winter even with a set of Snow tires,the front wheels would spin and
the back ones went a long for the ride a number of times.

#35 · (Edited)
$4,000 is a lot of money. I orginally was buying a new corolla for $17k. I stretched my budget to $21.5k. I am grateful that I was able to get such a great car as the cr-v for the price. Life along with everything else is about balance. I think the CR-V is a great example of balance. A vehicle that combines nicely all the different driving requirements, i.e. ride, mpg's, highway driving, comfort, reliability, durability, snow and ice traction, etc. This is not an easy task. Honda did a good job of this with the CR-V.

#37 ·
Destination Charge??

I've been pricing & shopping for a 2015 CR-V Touring & I just noticed that Honda increased their Destination Charge in the last week. Last Friday, it was $830 & is now showing as $880 on their website. :eek:

I would have bought last week, but it seems that there are no local dealers with the Touring trim in stock. :mad:

#40 ·
VSA reduces torque in slippery conditions and is a good feature but when there is lot of snow wheels need torque to keep moving forward. In such conditions vsa will cut the torque and wheels will keep spinning and the vehicle is stuck

#45 ·
I am in process of negotiating with the dealers in metro Detroit for a 2014 or 2015 CR-V LX AWD.

The best offers I have got so far are

2014 $24300 OTD (including 6% Michigan sales Tax, title and plate transfer, doc fee, etc..)
2015 $25000 OTD

I am holding out for $23750 for the 2014 and $24500 for the 2015.

Do I have room for more negotiation? Has anyone had a better price than these?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.