Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The perfect family SUV??

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  purple43 
#1 ·
My girlfriend and I are on our way to having our first (probably only) child. I currently drive a 2008 civic EX, which got us from Illinois to California like it had been training for such a trip it's whole life. But quite frankly, we're gonna need more space. This is the second Honda I've owned, and I love them. So the question is: do I get the CRV? Is it the car we need?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Take it for a test drive and see if it suits your needs and you like it.
It is a very practical vehicle for families with tons of passenger room and cargo space. My wife loves the fact that the rear doors open up so wide and it is so easy to put our little one in the car seat. Interior is well thought of with so much room and there is storage all around.

#5 ·
It is SO much easier putting little ones into a child seat in an SUV, especially on the back. Even a small one like the CRV is a big difference than any sedan. You will be fine with even 2 kids in there. We are coming from a Pilot with 3rd row seating so the CRV is quite and adjustment, but last trip we still had enough room for both kids in back and dog crate AND luggage in the back. Plus with a baby you need to take a pack and play with you on trips, and there is plenty of room for that in the cargo area with your luggage. Babies need lots of cargo space for the equipment when you travel with them.

#8 ·
outback has like 1 cubic feet more behind rear seats compared to crv, that is what I recollect looking at the differences. CRV is taller and outback is longer, not really a big difference in total cargo space.
In the segment CRV probably has the largest cargo space ... we have done roads trips with strollers and lots of luggage and never felt the lack of space. With both my kids in the back seats there is so much space in between the front and back for us to throw toys, small bags, food/cookies for kids and other stuff that we don't need to get down to access the boot.

#9 ·
I would look at the class action lawsuits filed recently against Subaru for ezxcessive oil consumption in some model years of Outbacks, Foresters, and Imprezas and more importantly how their dealers have responded !! I quickly crossed the Outback off my list ! Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.