Poor Honda Service
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poor Honda Service

crv|oc Rank: Member

Angry Poor Honda Service

I have just bought a second hand Honda CRV. There are a couple of faults with it. One is the Sat Nav/Audio wont display but it works. The second is the EML light is on and the fault reads as Vacuum Valve Solonoid. Having read about this on the internet it is a known problem for which Honda have made changes to the part. The screen I can do without but it would be nice to know what the problem is. The vacuum valve is a bit different so I rang my local dealership to find out if the part that is fitted to my car is the correct part? Yes you know what I am going to say... Honda will not give out part numbers. They will only sell me the correct part for my car???? This is a joke. So much so that the Honda I have just bought will be sold as soon as possible and I wont touch them again. Dont expect a reply on here, got none for asking about the screen but at least it has been said.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    You're going to abandon and bash Honda because of one phone call to one dealership where you talked to one person in the parts department that may or may not know what they are doing? Also, did you happen to give them the part number and ask them if it was the correct part for your car? They probably were reluctant to give you the part number because they figured you wanted to use to buy it cheaper elsewhere. I use parts numbers that way frequently for my tractors, small equipment, cars and trucks. You can do a search with a part number and it frequently shows a bunch or sources that sell that part either OEM and more frequently aftermarket. Those $40-$50 OEM carbs are available aftermarket from China for $8-$12 ane they work better than OEM (Stihl chain saws, weedeaters, etc).
    Last edited by osbornk; 01-11-2017 at 12:42 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread