Sun Visors
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sun Visors

crv|oc Rank: Member

Sun Visors

I recently took a look at a new 2012 CRV and was amazed to see that it still uses the same non-extendable sun visors that were used on all older CRV's. The rear half of the drivers side window has no way to shield the sun at all. This is a problem for drivers over 5' 6".

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

I agree completely ... I am 6' 4" tall, so I have to move the seat pretty far back. When the sun is shining from the left, the visor does not block the sun on my new Honda CR-V EX-L. Yesterday, I drove a 2012 Honda Accord loaner car (basic LX model), and it had the extendable visors. Why doesn't Honda put the extendable visors on the CR-V, even on the most expensive trim line (EX-L)?
    Also, why would Honda remove a very useful feature (HomeLink) from the 2012 CR-V?
    It's hard to understand both of these decisions. Is there any way to get the extendable visors and install them on the CR-V? Any ideas are welcome.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    lol because they reserve those things for the RDX

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    you could probably buy the accord visors and install them in your crv. It should only be 3 screws and one clip. If they don't fit return them.

Do you know the part number for those accord visors, that's a great idea!

I totally agree! Every time when the sun is shining from the driver side, the visor does not block the sun. I wish my 2012 CRV came with extendable sun visors.

Quote Originally Posted by vanz View Post
    lol because they reserve those things for the RDX
    Subaru Outbacks have them.

We bought a pair of Visormates, which we really like. They're just plastic rectangles held in place with a wide band. A bit overpriced, but we're glad we bought them. What's nice about these is that you can also tilt them diagonally if needed to block the sun. Note these extend sideways, not below, the installed visors.

So far that's my one big beef as well. $28K and they scrimp on the visor. Disappointed they don't extend like all of our Accord's visors.

Will look into the visormates.

There aren't many things to complain about with the new CR-V, but I agree that not having visors that extend is very annoying. I also bought the visormates and they work pretty well but I'd much rather have Honda put them on at the factory, especially when they are on the Accord. It isn't like they have to invent something new!

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements