Rainy Day Blues
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rainy Day Blues

crv|oc Rank: Member

Rainy Day Blues

First I will say my wife (her car) loves this new 2013 CR-V. She drove a Honda Pilot for 10 yrs and did not want to change but now that she has tasted the V she is in love with it.

One pet peeve- On rainy days when you open the door or roll down the window you get drenched. The door, locks and window switches get excessively wet. I tried to dry it off with a tissue but needed to get a couple paper towel sheets.

I am hoping that over time this does not affect the window switches and other electronics wirings that are in the door. I am sure this must happen on the passenger side but haven't tried it yet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    I don't think you will have a problem. I have owned my oldest CR-V since September 1999. It has seen 176,000 miles as my work vehicle. I open and close the door at about 15 stops per day, many times getting VERY wet (welcome to Flood-rida). Nothing has stopped working to date. I did replace the driver's side door lock actuator a few years ago, but that was due to me locking/unlocking the door about 40 times per day ... just flat worn out.
    2000 Taffeta White 2WD LX and 2012 Opal Sage Metallic 2WD EX-L Navi

I usually keep a small MF cloth in our Gen 1 for the very same reason. if the rain (snow in our case) build up is too heavy, I'll give it a quick wipe down after settling into the car.

A

Yeah VT, I have adopted that same strategy- Couple of wipes with the MF and all is well- but still think it is something that I shouldn't have to do when it rains. Other then that I am finding myself more and more asking permission to drive the wife's car. It is a fine ride.

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements