2017 Honda CR-V Pricing thread - Page 80
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
Thanks Thanks: 33
+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 141 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Honda CR-V Pricing thread

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRV_dude View Post
    Good luck in the Bay area! I spent the last three weeks looking for a Touring AWD in Grey/Grey. I had a written offer from Merced Honda from a few weeks ago at $32.5K but they no longer had the Touring. Talked to about 15 dealers all over the country and was ready to have a car shipped as it would have been cheaper than what these local crooks are asking. So much run around and soooo much demand, cars are flying off the floor out here.

Yesterday I spent about three hours calling dealers, checking, cars.com, etc. I found a silver/grey at Seramonte that they offered me for $32.8K after I mentioned my written offer. I really didn't want Silver however. Found a car in Oregon but $480 of dealer add ons and $400 to ship. Then it would mean a trip to the DMV for a VIN verification, etc. I've done this before on multiple cars but was a hassle and the savings on the Oregon car wasn't that great after adding the shipping and add-ons.

Last effort was cars.com and found a Modern Steel AWD Touring about 90 min away in Petaluma. Called the dealer and sales guy confirmed it was available. He couldn't go to $32.5K but met me halfway at $33.5K - not fantastic but a bargain from my experience in the Bay area. Not too mention I was getting really frustrated looking. We locked up the deal and took an Uber (with crazy driver) to Petaluma this am with my daughter. Car was as advertised and no add ons. Easy process, great sales guy (Javier) and dealership (Hansel).

Love the car and stopped on the way hometown grab a bite with daughter. Leaving restaurant asked her if she wanted to drive the rest of the way. She was excited (17 years old with 8 months of driving on her license). We walk to the car in crowded lot and I go to open the passenger door and there's a 2" crease/ding/scratch right in the middle of the passenger door! No one around in the crowded lot, no note, nothing. So much for my pristine baby, no longer a virgin. Oh well, prolly gonna happen again at some point with my daughter driving.. sigh.

Thanks to everyones help here and the great thread and spreadsheet. I wish anyone in the Bay area a lot of luck if they are looking for a deal on a Touring AWD in the next few months!!
    Wow, sounds like a lot of work and stress. After talking it over with my wife, if the CRV is the car we go with, I'm set on the AWD Touring in Gunmetal Metallic, but I'm not about to get raped for it. When I saw that OTD price tag creeping over $40K, I told them to hit the brakes. I'm not in a rush to get into one ASAP, I have a few months to shop around and I'll probably take a look at the new CX5 and other similar cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by HYUN513 View Post
    Wow, sounds like a lot of work and stress. After talking it over with my wife, if the CRV is the car we go with, I'm set on the AWD Touring in Gunmetal Metallic, but I'm not about to get raped for it. When I saw that OTD price tag creeping over $40K, I told them to hit the brakes. I'm not in a rush to get into one ASAP, I have a few months to shop around and I'll probably take a look at the new CX5 and other similar cars.
    $36885 OTD for me.

Good luck with the Gunmetal - that's what I wanted with grey interior. They are rare birds in CA. I got the Modern Steel - looks almost the same and very happy with it.

Thanks (Received)
    I've negotiated the following deal. I will take delivery in two days
    Touring with MSRP of $34695.
    Got it at $32000. Tags and fees at $95.
    I'm new to the group and can't wait to be involved with the group.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    I paid $500 below MSRP at Anderson Honda in Palo Alto. You can get pricing over the web at their website. My usual Honda dealer marks up all their 2017 CRVs $4995.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by C McDonald View Post
    I paid $500 below MSRP at Anderson Honda in Palo Alto. You can get pricing over the web at their website. My usual Honda dealer marks up all their 2017 CRVs $4995.
    Which trim level did you get? My calls to Anderson for a Touring was "we sell them at MSRP".

Thanks (Received)
    I think I got a pretty good offer at $835 below MSRP for a FWD Touring... I'm not gonna waste time hunting for an AWD

Thanks (Received)
    Did any of you guys have to forward a quote from one dealer to get another dealer to match it? Did you/would you do it if it was requested?

Thanks (Received)
    Got mine 3 Weeks ago 3/24. Sent an email to the dealership and told them I don't want to waste their time or my time. Wanted to make sure if they honor True Price App Pricing. Wanted the EX 4WD and the True Price was $27,221.

They told me to come over and will honor it..

Came over.. I wanted either the Gunmetal or Modern Steel.. No go, they said those are the highly in demand color and they wanted to feed me the white one. The closest one to these color is the Lunar Silver in which they were able to locate one for me at their warehouse and told me to come back tomorrow for delivery.

The next day.. They delivered.. With NY Tax, Destination Fees, Registration and Title fees. Total came out to around $30K.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by RH-CRV View Post
    Did any of you guys have to forward a quote from one dealer to get another dealer to match it? Did you/would you do it if it was requested?
    Yes, I did. I found it very valuable to have a written quote. Some dealers wanted me to forward it, others took my word for it

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by RH-CRV View Post
    Yes, 100%. In my experience if another dealer doesn't demand you send them a written quote when you ask to match or beat (email or otherwise), you probably don't have a very good deal on the table and you can do better.

I sent the best one I got, from a local dealer in the spreadsheet with the best price, to 15 other dealers nearby. After I got it beat by a few hundred dollars at an even closer dealer I used that quote again with the same group. I knew it was rock bottom pricing when one by one everyone told me they couldn't do business with me anywhere near my written quote

In the end I think I ended up with about $3k off of MSRP on a touring (8.5% off after all dealer fees) in the NY/NJ/CT area. Can't thank enough S2k_Dude and the users in this forum on helping me with the data I needed to negotiate hard!
    Last edited by CRVSPEED; 03-20-2017 at 08:23 PM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread