Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2017 Honda CR-V Pricing thread

1M views 2K replies 735 participants last post by  UMRdyldo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok, Moderator edits follow.

Please put model of CRV, (LX, EX, EXL, Touring)

Whether or not you opted for Nav on EXL

FWD/AWD and price you paid before any trade in is accounted for.

List dealer installed accessories separately.

Also keep Taxes title and fees separate.

List dealer, City, State where purchased

Picture of your new ride is encouraged.

#6 ·
Was that AWD or FWD touring?

The only way people may compare prices paid is to list the Base price of the CR-V w/o options, w/o trade-in, w/o doc fees and w/o taxes. Always include the trim and FWD or AWD.

Posting the OTD (out the door price) will not truly help people. Doc fess and taxes vary even within one state. For example, my sales tax on new vehicle purchase will 8.25%.

Eventually, truecar.com will have some useful data on prices paid.

#12 ·
I paid MSRP minus almost $1900 from the local dealer. Touring with AWD. No other extras. No financing. No trade. I was happy when they provided the discount but I would have paid full MSRP knowing that the vehicle is new and would be in high demand. If I was concerned I would have opted for the 2016 as there are plenty still on dealer lots and I suspect very good deals could be had.

The biggest surprize for me was that I sent pricing inquires to about a dozen Dealers but only heard back from four. Extremely, poor sales follow-up.

#17 ·
Miko - thank you so much for back hand comment that I am lying. I have nothing constructive to share with you.

Too the rest of the group. I appreciate your request to know the name of the dealer and to have a copy of the invoice. I really do not wish to do either. If you were close friends I might consider otherwise but my experience from other forums has taught me to keep the information to myself. That aside it would not be very difficult for some to search my city and find out whom the dealers are local to me.

I guess you each need to decide if this discount makes sense for your negotiations. It is worth as much as you paid for it. The thread was asking for pricing information and I initially hesitated to post but gave it a shot. Maybe I should have kept it to myself. Mistake learned.

#19 ·
There are probably several reasons for your discount [connection, time of month, bonus, location, etc.] so might be replicated to same extent or less/more.

Agree not best to share too many details online.

What matters is that you shared price of a newly released vehicle. Much Thanks.

Pls do follow up on your impressions of CRV as put more mileage and in winter conditions.

#28 ·
Got the following in Hagerstown, MD today.

EX-L (non-NAV)
Sandstorm Metallic

Sticker (Honda website MSRP +900 dest) - $500 loyalty - $500 (military from Honda financing) = Essentially 31k
Fair trade in given.
WAIT... what loyalty discount?

#21 ·
Just purchased a Gunmetal Metallic Touring with no dealer add-ons for $32,000 plus doc fee and title fee of $285 from a dealer in Mississippi. Financed it through my local credit union.

They gave me what I asked for on my trade-in, too. I got NADA "average" trade in value, which we felt was reasonable.

I think we got a sweet deal and could not be happier!

Biggest surprise so far - how awesome the auto dimming headlights are! Definitely wasn't expecting that feature to be so cool.

Big shout out to Gezzuzz for the information posted on this forum. You were right that the dealer would take around $32,500 - I took a shot at $32,000 and they bit! So, thanks, Gezzuzz!

#29 ·
Good morning. I traded in my 16 Toyota SR5 Premium 4Runner for a 17' Touring last night. I think I did ok considering my trade in was $2100 in negative equity. Walked out with a Crystal Black Pearl w/ Black interior, mud guards, all weather cargo mat, wheel locks, tinted front windows and with the negative trade OTD at $34.5.

I basically paid MSRP, but I wanted out of the 4Runner. My true dollar savings will be in the MPG return with new CRV.

#30 ·
$34.5 seems very low, would you mind breaking down the numbers for us. MSRP is $33,295 so does that mean you paid MSRP + $1,205 in add-ons (or against your $2,100 in negative equity) for the vehicle? Would really appreciate seeing more detail.

In our area, the dealers are selling at MSRP but they are adding in additional dealer markup in the form of accessories and doc fees. The accessories are worth about $40 but charge $400. I am seeing out the door pricing for the Touring model of $37,000 including GA sales tax of 7%, which means they are charging $34,600 for the vehicle (about $1400 over MSRP).

#32 ·
Yes, 2WD 2017 Touring. So, SC doesn't charge sales tax on vehicles other than trucks...I believe. Here is the breakdown of my purchase last night:

Negotiated Price of Vehicle: 32,805.00
Closing Fee: 399.00
Tag Transfer: 25.00
Trade Allowance: XXXXX 1,200 (trade in balance carry over)

OTD: $34,429.00

The dealership listed their security package at $1952.00 (mud flaps, wheel locks, cargo mat, front windows tinted...hopefully more, they don't break down the list)

Hope this helps

#35 ·
This afternoon I received an offer of $32,695 for the 2017 CR-V AWD Touring which INCLUDES the $900 "Destination and Handling" fee and they're willing to throw in Lojack (I've heard of it and it's been around for a good number of years but never had it on my previous 3 Hondas and my current GM's have OnStar - so don't know if it's a worthwhile addition). There are no other fees, tax or tags contained in this number. I initially offered $32,100.

Before I decide to pull the trigger I'll have to test drive it to my satisfaction. I think we can potentially do a little better but won't push too hard. I'll need to wait until they get one in that have a color of choice other than what's on their lot.

I have found smaller dealers are less able / willing to negotiate too much off MSRP whereas larger dealers or those belonging to a family of dealerships appear to have a little more leeway to make a deal.

I followed the guidance I originally posted in this thread yesterday:

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums...017-cr-v-discounts-post845625.html#post845625

It seems to be working...

#36 ·
I just purchased a '17 EX in molten lava pearl for 895 off MSRP with a decent trade on my car. A little less than what I hoped for but I live in the NE and I have an '07 crv 2wd that I purchased in the south, not a big market here for 2wd crv's. All in all, I think I did decently well, the lower trims seem harder to negotiate with, most are saying they paid MSRP. I bought the pro pack 1, too. No $ off that unfortunately.

#37 ·
Spent more time at our local dealer and on the phone with other dealers. My wife and I took a step back and looked at the 2WD EX model and are trying to decide if the 2WD Touring trim level is worth the extra $6,000. We like the leather interior but could be happy with cloth interior. The cloth interior on our 12+ yr old CR-V has held up well.

We have been offered $36,000 for the 2WD Touring OTD which include 7% tax. In other words, they dealer is asking for MSRP + $375 for tax, title, and doc fees. So far that's the best offer so far for a 2WD Touring. For the EX 2WD model, their offer is $29,800 which is MSRP+7% tax+$375 for tax, title, and doc fees.

In general, no real discounts but at least we are seeing something close to MSRP instead of $1,500 over MSRP.

#41 ·
I'm in San Francisco Bay Area too. There are plenty of dealerships.

Of course if they are sold out everywhere, they have no need to budge, but CR-Vs are rolling into the dealerships in massive amounts in our area. I wouldn't pay MSRP or over MSRP.

Just do an inventory search on Cars.com

#47 ·
Please clarify, did you get a discount of $28,895-$27,200 = $1,695? You say "not including tax, title, lic, etc", did the dealer add back fees to compensate for the discount? If you can, please break down the costs for us.

I visited the dealership Friday last week. Met with the salesperson, did a very brief test drive and have been researching pricing and other dealers I was put in touch with via truecar.com.

Once I had my numbers and asked for the invoice price (haven't seen it yet in person but I will ask to see it in person before I agree on it. Two dealers have been within $200 of each other on invoice price and I have a strong hunch that's extremely close to actual invoice if it isn't the actual invoice).

I should add, however, the dealerships service advisor used to be my service advisor 20 years ago and I asked him to refer the better sales staff to me. Perhaps it helps that I've been going to this dealer for a long time and they're part of LARGE family of dealerships. I don't know whether that motivates a "take care of the customer" pricing or not.
Invoice is meaningless when the dealers are selling at MSRP. You can calculate invoice fairly closely for most Honda vehicles by taking the standard 6% off MSRP. Once you get a firm quote from the dealer, please let us know.

We have bought 11 vehicles from our local dealer and they still will not come down more than $1k under MSRP on a Touring AWD. I am getting ready to put a little more pressure on them if they do not start moving on their own!
$1000 off MSRP isn't bad at all at the moment, again, as long as they don't add back that discount in "dealer fees" or "doc fees". You really need to know the "out the door" price to understand if the dealer is really discounting the vehicle below MSRP.

Exl, no nav, fwd, theft code, security system. At the end of the day i financed $32187.47, sorry don't feel like breaking out taxes etc.
Thanks but posting what you financed is not helpful. Did you have a down payment or did you finance the entire amount? What are your taxes, fees, title, tag costs? Without this info, others on the forum have no idea if your deal was below MSRP or not. When you say "no NAV", I'm guessing you purchased an EX-L model? Again, being specific is helpful if you are going to bother posting.

Also, if you have a trade, it's more difficult to know if the dealer sold you their vehicle for anything less than MSRP unless you break down what the trade value is compared to the trade amount given in the sale.

Thanks guys for trying, some info is better than no info so please hang in there and let us know the details.

#50 ·
Just purchased: 2017 CRV 2WD EX-L /w NAV
MSRP: $31,095.00 which includes $900 destination fee

It wound up $30,525 which includes all dealer fees but before tax, title. Specifics are below.

Purchase price: $29,725.18
less trade in: -$400.00
delivery service charge: +$699.00
Doc Fee: +98.00
Tax: sales and county +1857.72
Title and registration fees +87.60
Dealer added acc. (pinstripes, mud guards,wheel locks,trunk tray) 0.00

#53 ·
Here's the deal I have in Washington state.

I received your email regarding a 2017 Honda CR-V and thank you.

Here is the information that you requested.

2017 HONDA CR-V EX AWD

YOUR PRICE
(INCLUDES MUD GUARDS, ALL WEATHER MATS,
CARGO TRAY & LIFETIME POWER TRAIN WARRANTY) $27,688.00
SALES TAX (8.93%) $2,472.54
LICENSE $191.50
DOC FEE $150.00

TOTAL $30,502.04

ALL of our new Honda's come with a COMPLEMENTARY "LIFETIME" POWER TRAIN WARRANTY for as long as you own the vehicle and if we do not have the color or model in stock that you are looking for, we can usually get it that same day or next day worst case scenario at no extra charge to you.

I couldn't figure out how to post a picture of the invoice so I'll just list it.

INVOICE

2017 Honda CR-V AWD EX Modern Steel Metalic $26,281.12

Destination and handling charge. $900.00

Invoice total. $27,181.12

MSRP listed on Invoice $27,995.00

MSRP listed at Dealers. $28,895.00

#54 ·
Sounds like you some of you guys got some great deals. However, please keep an eye on your out the door price. I ended up getting only $500 off of sticker, but was offered something like $1,200 off. The thing is the better sounding $1200 off really wasn't. They re-added the $900 shipping, and added some unwanted pin striping, wheel locks, extra processing fees, etc... which all told ended up being a few hundred more than the simple $500 off offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.