2017 EX-L HD Radio?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 EX-L HD Radio?

crv|oc Rank: Member

Unhappy 2017 EX-L HD Radio?

So, one of the contributing features that pushed me from EX to EX-L was the addition of HD Radio. HD Radio is listed for EX-L (USA) on the Honda website, as well as on my window sticker. I have gone through the 661 page pdf manual as well as all the possible menus, etc. and I do not see HD Radio functionality anywhere in my EX-L. It is a feature I've become used to on our other vehicle, and I find it annoying that it appears to be missing by an oversight on my new car.

Can anyone confirm whether they actually have HD Radio capability, and how they got it working? This will be brought up at the dealership when I next go in.

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Use the search function in the full owner's manual .pdf. Pages 289 and 358. (Index, which says 287, is wrong.)

Thanks, sirwired. The HD Radio options on page 347/348 don't exist in my car, so I'm thinking Honda put the wrong software version on it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

It was in the 2015/2016 model, so I would be surprised if it wasnt in a newer model. Not all stations transmit on HD, which may have faded in popularity for some reason. The most popular channel in our market does NOT offer HD, oddly. But I see a couple dozen that do. (I have a 2015 Touring, not a 17)
    2015 Copper Sunset Pearl CR-V Touring
    2015 Obsidian Blue Pearl CR-V Touring
    Prev: 2004 Lexus RX-330, 2004 Toyota Rav 4, 2000 Nissan Pathfinder, 2000 CR-V, 1996 Elantra, 1994 Camry, 1988 Accord, 1986 Accord, 1983 200sx

I just purchased a 2017 CRV EX-L and also was disappointed to find the HD Radio feature seemed to be completely missing. The sales person was stumped and says they are going to follow up with the service team to see if there is a known problem. If this is happening to another EX-L, maybe there is a general issue with the software they have loaded into this trim. If so I hope they have a fix that the service department can load soon.

Maybe it's a Touring only feature? Honda has previously confused the feature list for EX-L and Touring (the power liftgate is available on EX-L and Touring, but one brochure stated it's a Touring only feature).

HD Radio is listed as a feature of the EX-L in my print version of the brochure.

It is definitely listed for the EX-L trim in both printed brochures and on the website right now.

Name:  CRV_HDRadio.jpg
Views: 2252
Size:  16.7 KB

Indeed, and like I mentioned, it is clear as day on my window sticker. Good to hear others have the same issue. Maybe they will give us a software update!

Yeah, if it's on the Monroney sticker, it's too late for them to change their minds about it...

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast