Crv 2017 oem Parking sensor / Back-Up Sensors
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crv 2017 oem Parking sensor / Back-Up Sensors

crv|oc Rank: Member

Crv 2017 oem Parking sensor / Back-Up Sensors

Hi, any body choosed to get through rear back up sensors? Am looking to to get those with for our new 2017 crv and just wondering if they will integrate with infotainment screen to show the distance and direction between the car and the obstacle?

Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman slybarman's Avatar
    I have them on the '16 and there is no such integration. Also, the range on them is much shorter than i am used to in other vehicles. Not sure they were with the $.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Really, with the backup camera being standard, I'm not sure why the parking sensors are even being offered. The guidelines on the display should be sufficient to gauge distance.

I have them on my Honda Odyssey. The way it works is that the frequency of the audible beeps increases as you get closer to Object.

I am considering getting these for the CRV as well, please let us know if you get them for your CRV.

Quote Originally Posted by sirwired View Post
    Really, with the backup camera being standard, I'm not sure why the parking sensors are even being offered. The guidelines on the display should be sufficient to gauge distance.
    some how I agree with you but it additional safety measure

The reason am asking is some how while I was watching one of the YouTube reviews I noticed that it does integrate but I cant find the video again to confirm!

Any one got them installed yet?

With the backup camera, I'm really not sure what purpose the backup sensors serve. The camera lets you see the rear bumper, so you can get right up on the car behind you, without hitting it. They really don't seem to be worth the money. Having parking sensors on the front of the car would probably be far more useful, as it's difficult to gauge how far you are from a car or wall in front of you when parking.

I'm new to the forums and been lurking for a couple of weeks. I'm interested in getting a Touring model with backup sensors. I would say that the sensors are nice to have, but probably not necessary if you're always alert and watching for people and objects. I'm currently driving a car with a rearview camera and back up sensors, and I don't think I could live without them both. It really helps when you're not fully paying attention to your surroundings and there are stationary or moving objects nearby. Having an audible warning adds one more layer of safety when backing up.

Quote Originally Posted by spongey View Post
    I'm new to the forums and been lurking for a couple of weeks. I'm interested in getting a Touring model with backup sensors. I would say that the sensors are nice to have, but probably not necessary if you're always alert and watching for people and objects. I'm currently driving a car with a rearview camera and back up sensors, and I don't think I could live without them both. It really helps when you're not fully paying attention to your surroundings and there are stationary or moving objects nearby. Having an audible warning adds one more layer of safety when backing up.
    The reverse cross traffic sensors are standard on the Touring, the backup sensors are not.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast