Sloppy PDI... *sigh* High tire pressure, low coolant.
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sloppy PDI... *sigh* High tire pressure, low coolant.

crv|oc Rank: Member

Sloppy PDI... *sigh* High tire pressure, low coolant.

I took delivery of my Obsidian Blue EX-L on Friday. I was snowed in this weekend (Raleigh, NC), so I got plenty of time to at least poke around in my garage.

Along the way, I checked my tire pressure, and all four wheels were near 40 (which is probably related to the highway noise on the drive home.) Poking underneath the hood I discovered my coolant was at the "Min" line, and had not been topped off to "Max", which is where the manual says it's supposed to be. (I also can't get the coolant cap off, it appears to be stuck.)

Given these two basic tasks not being done, I have no confidence the PDI was executed correctly, so I plan on asking the service department to re-do it (at least the parts that make sense... obviously they can't peel off the plastic a second time.) It's not my job to be doing this myself.

I know PDI is boring rote-work, and it probably doesn't pay well, but it's still important... my dealership is certainly going to get dinged on the all-important survey for this. I know they get penalized heavily for anything but 100% "5's", but that's not my problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Also in the Raleigh area and I picked up my CR-V EXL on Thursday. Your post prompted me to go and check my coolant level and thankfully it was ok. I don't have a tire gauge handy and am too snowed in to run out and get one but will check when I can get out. Are there other things that would be worth checking?
    I got mine at Crown in Durham.

Is there a way to get a copy of the PDI sheet from Honda that the dealer is supposed to follow? I'm supposed to take delivery next week and would be nice to have something to verify against

Tires are intentionally overfilled from the factory, perhaps they figure the vehicle will sit on the dealers lot long enough to come down closer to the specs. Maybe their air pressure gauge is not correct. I'm using a digital gauge and always check and adjust to specs after any dealer servicing. I find that the dealer over-torques the lug nuts too, so I always torque all of those again to specs. Question, did you look at the coolant level after being driven? Mine is always at the minimum mark when cold and maximum when engine is hot. As far as the PDI sheet goes, they can put a check mark on everything but that doesn't mean they really did it! It pays to be personally involved in checking the essentials of our vehicles.
    Cheers!
    Enjoy the ride!

2015 Honda CR-V (EX-L 2WD)

I agree with you. I was hoping to have a copy of the sheet so I can verify some of the items myself while I'm there picking it up. That way I can (hopefully) save a trip back to the dealer.

LDB
    Part of the paperwork you should get in the purchase is a copy of the PDI sheet. At least it's part of the paperwork here in Texas. Good luck.
    2016 EX Mountain Air Metallic

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    I'd like to see someone post a scan of the of the PDI sheet.

I will try to remember to post it for you

I just went through all of our paperwork and we did not get a PDI sheet. Like others, the coolant level was low and the tires overinflated. The dealers need to do these inspections as they receive them off the trailer and recheck fluid levels at delivery. We had just test driven ours right before we signed so the tires would have been too warm to do an accurate tire pressure check. But there's no excuse for not having the fluids topped off.

BTW, we've never received a survey to rate the dealer. We bought our '16 on August 20th of '16. How soon after purchase did you guys get your survey?
    Dave
    2016 CR-V Touring

I bought the CR-V on Friday and got the survey on the following Tuesday, so in just a couple of days.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast