Missing Latch System for child seats?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Latch System for child seats?

crv|oc Rank: Member

Missing Latch System for child seats?

Does anyone use children's car seats in their new CRV? I have the logo for the latch system but can't locate the actual latches anywhere. Is it possible they weren't installed by the dealer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Follow the instructions in the owners manual on latch. It's built in at the factory.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

I installed my kid's car seat in the center spot of my EX-L's back seat. The latch hooks were in slots in the seat at the same location as the seat belt clips. Or at least they were for the center. I'm not sure about for the sides.
    I would think it wouldn't be possible to forget to install them, they seemed like they were part of the metal framework of the seats.

I was having the same issue - they were hard to find but after searching I was able to find them inside vertical slits in the seat back directly below the latch symbol. They are NOT in between the seat cushions as is normally the case- this is also not clearly depicted in the owners manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Crvodyssey2 View Post
    I was having the same issue - they were hard to find but after searching I was able to find them inside vertical slits in the seat back directly below the latch symbol. They are NOT in between the seat cushions as is normally the case- this is also not clearly depicted in the owners manual.
    Thanks so much for this, will go and check soon.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    On this rear-seat business... is the buckle for the "base" of the center belt outboard of the buckle for the driver-side belt for everybody? I'd think this would get in the way of the driver's side rear belt actually being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Crvodyssey2 View Post
    Thanks so much for this information! My son was trying to install a car seat for my granddaughter in ours and could not find the latches "where every other latch was always located" (between the seats). After a frustrating few minutes of searching this post came to the rescue. And, you are correct that the official manual is NOT helpful on this at all!

Quote Originally Posted by csf97 View Post
    Thanks so much for this information! My son was trying to install a car seat for my granddaughter in ours and could not find the latches "where every other latch was always located" (between the seats). After a frustrating few minutes of searching this post came to the rescue. And, you are correct that the official manual is NOT helpful on this at all!
    Yes, it worked for me too. Thanks!

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    POST A PICTURE! This thread is useless without a photo.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast