WeatherTech Mats - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: WeatherTech Mats

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim Sum View Post
    I'm waiting for the Husky Mats. I've looked at the Honda ones and didn't care for them that much. We'll be careful this winter and I really don't care about the stock mats. They are pretty much junk from the factory.

I told the wife to not worry about it and we'll trash the carpet ones.
    Be careful doing that. I totally agree the stock carpet mats are completely junk. The water will easily seep through those mats and go straight to the floor board carpeting. Happened to me just a day of being sloppy and slushy out. Went through the driver side front floor board. Took a few days to dry out. Was able to get the Honda all weather mats installed the next day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by crv affair View Post
    Dealer will always throw these all weather mats into the deal, nobody should be paying for them.
    Not true at all. Especially on new release of a highly popular model like the 2017 touring.
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no - depends on region, which dealer, model availability VS popularity, etc.
    Jepalan
    -----------------------------------------
    2013 CR-V EX-L AWD Urban Titanium
    DEH-80PRS, Alpine PDR-v75, JBL P660C, JL Stealth Sub

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    If ordering other than Honda mats, be sure to get the liners as they cover both the foot rest and undwer the gas pedal which are 2 important places to get coverage !! (Don't ask me how I know) Craig

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by magnumpii View Post
    If ordering other than Honda mats, be sure to get the liners as they cover both the foot rest and undwer the gas pedal which are 2 important places to get coverage !! (Don't ask me how I know) Craig
    It's one of the reasons I like the Husky liners over the Weathertechs.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by crv affair View Post
    Dealer will always throw these all weather mats into the deal, nobody should be paying for them.
    Nothing is free, the dealer doesn't give you anything. If they didn't "throw in" the mats into the deal, you could get $150 deducted from the price. The dealer makes their money one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by S2k_Dude View Post
    Nothing is free, the dealer doesn't give you anything. If they didn't "throw in" the mats into the deal, you could get $150 deducted from the price. The dealer makes their money one way or another.

Are you kidding?

First you negotiate the price of the vehicle, then before signing the papers you ask them politely "Oh, I'd like a set of the all weather mats too" If he comes back with some excuse as to why he can't then don't sign the papers... They are not going to loose a deal over a set of floor mats that cost the dealer maybe $50.

My CR-V already had them installed since there was snowy condition at the time I test drove, so they just left it in with all the other "specialties" they tried making me pay for, but I didn't. Like the 3M Door Edge Guards and Cups (plastic stickers around the door handle so you don't scratch it up) not sure if they put those on all CRV's now, but nobody should be willingly paying for any of that stuff.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    I think you are missing my point, dealers are making a few thousand dollars profit on the 2017 CR-V's right now, sure you are getting all weather mats that maybe cost the dealer $85, but you still payed for them as part of purchasing the vehicle. Maybe by throwing them in, they made a little less profit, but they were by no means free. Now, if I walked into the dealer a week later and said, "Hey give me some free all weather mats!" and they gave me a set, then I might call that free.
    Last edited by S2k_Dude; 01-17-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by S2k_Dude View Post
    I think you are missing my point, dealers are making a few thousand dollars profit on the 2017 CR-V's right now, sure you are getting all weather mats that maybe cost the dealer $85, but you still payed for them as part of purchasing the vehicle. Maybe by throwing them in, they made a little less profit, but they were by no means free. Now, if I walked into the dealer a week later and said, "Hey give me some free all weather mats!" and they gave me a set, then I might call that free.
    Very true.

Weathertech has the front mats now. What are everyone's thoughts on the best mats for the vehicle?

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast