Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeatherTech Mats

66K views 174 replies 88 participants last post by  Carphunter 
#1 ·
I will be taking delivery of a 2017 Touring next week. Searched this site for those with WeatherTech mats and it appears they are not available yet. Curious if anyone has called them and asked about when they would hit the market? My general search here didn't turn up an ETA and I haven't figured out how to do an advance search yet. Thanks.

#2 ·
I called them & Husky, both said it would be 2-3 months. We went with the Honda liners - didn't want to wait with all the winter slop.
My Stealer said they would sell them to me at cost, I asked the price & was told $170 - I showed him CollegeHills price (115 at the time) & he said "that's my cost". I said OK - I'll take them, you said you'd sell them to me at cost. He then said the lowest he could go was $170. I said I'll order them from Collegehills, and I did.

#5 ·
My Stealer said they would sell them to me at cost, I asked the price & was told $170 - I showed him CollegeHills price (115 at the time) & he said "that's my cost". I said OK - I'll take them, you said you'd sell them to me at cost. He then said the lowest he could go was $170. I said I'll order them from Collegehills, and I did.
Funny how "cost" is a meaningless number to the dealers, to them "cost" is a discount off their heavily inflated prices. Your example shows that $115 still isn't the dealers cost because College Hills wouldn't be selling the matts at zero profit. True cost is probably $85, the dealer marks them up ~300% (My local dealer lists them for $224 on their add-on window sticker), then they "discount" them to to their customers at only 200% markup, and tells you it's their "cost."

#3 ·
#6 ·
In my opinion, WeatherTech mats are just okay. On my '15 they are fine for the driver and back seat. But they slide around on the passenger side. The bottom side is slick, nothing to grip the carpet, and Honda doesn't have retention hooks on the passenger side. They are definitely durable and easy to clean. But the sliding of the passenger side is really a major flaw. I would not buy them again.

#7 ·
I'm waiting for the Husky Mats. I've looked at the Honda ones and didn't care for them that much. We'll be careful this winter and I really don't care about the stock mats. They are pretty much junk from the factory.

I told the wife to not worry about it and we'll trash the carpet ones.

#9 ·
FWIW - I bought the Honda high-walled all-season mats and cargo tray from collegehills for our 2017 Touring and am very happy.

I like them better than the Weathertech set in my 2013 EX-L. The Weathertech mats/tray are thin, brittle and slippery to me. I prefer the weight and texture of the new Honda ones.

#12 ·
Not true at all. Especially on new release of a highly popular model like the 2017 touring.
Sometimes yes, sometimes no - depends on region, which dealer, model availability VS popularity, etc.

#17 ·
My CR-V already had them installed since there was snowy condition at the time I test drove, so they just left it in with all the other "specialties" they tried making me pay for, but I didn't. Like the 3M Door Edge Guards and Cups (plastic stickers around the door handle so you don't scratch it up) not sure if they put those on all CRV's now, but nobody should be willingly paying for any of that stuff.

#18 · (Edited)
I think you are missing my point, dealers are making a few thousand dollars profit on the 2017 CR-V's right now, sure you are getting all weather mats that maybe cost the dealer $85, but you still payed for them as part of purchasing the vehicle. Maybe by throwing them in, they made a little less profit, but they were by no means free. Now, if I walked into the dealer a week later and said, "Hey give me some free all weather mats!" and they gave me a set, then I might call that free.

#23 ·
How about the cargo area? I have heard many say the Honda version is thin and not worth the money.
I have both the Honda floor mats and the cargo area tray. The cargo area one is kind of thin, but still does the job. Note that it fits correctly when the floor is in the lower position, but when you raise it up to the load flat setting, the cargo tray is no longer long enough to fill the entire area between the hatch and the seat back and can slide around. The instructions tell you that and it does store under the floor panel though.

#24 ·
Historically I've been a weathertech guy, but with my 16 I went Honda for the mats. If anything the weathertechs on my 05 are thinner than the Honda product on the 16.

#30 ·
I also just installed the Weathertech mats also. Very good fit and coverage. Dont have any pics right now...its been rainy and dark all day BUT, yes, they cover well under the gas/brake pedal...no problem. Not sure where they got the 1 picture on the site but it does cover completely under pedals. :)

#40 · (Edited)
The picture in Zando's post sure look like the liners to me, not the mats. In checking the WeatherTech website they only list the liners as being available. I have the Honda mats right now and am not very happy with the coverage for the sloppy winter weather. I'll probably get the WeatherTech liners for the winter months and keep the Honda mats for the non-snowy months. That's the combination I used in my previous Outback.

Autogeek has the WeatherTech for $109.99 with free shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.