WeatherTech Mats
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: WeatherTech Mats

crv|oc Rank: Member

WeatherTech Mats

I will be taking delivery of a 2017 Touring next week. Searched this site for those with WeatherTech mats and it appears they are not available yet. Curious if anyone has called them and asked about when they would hit the market? My general search here didn't turn up an ETA and I haven't figured out how to do an advance search yet. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

I called them & Husky, both said it would be 2-3 months. We went with the Honda liners - didn't want to wait with all the winter slop.
    My Stealer said they would sell them to me at cost, I asked the price & was told $170 - I showed him CollegeHills price (115 at the time) & he said "that's my cost". I said OK - I'll take them, you said you'd sell them to me at cost. He then said the lowest he could go was $170. I said I'll order them from Collegehills, and I did.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    I ordered the all weather matts from College Hills Honda as well. I like how they go higher than the previous generation did but I noticed they are not as rubbery.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/pro...7-TLA-110.html
    Current 2017 CRV Touring - 2015 Accord EX Past 2015 CRV Touring - 2013 CRV EX - 2012 Civic LX - 2011 Accord 2dr EX - 2011 Pilot EX - 2007 CRV EX - 2005 Accord 2dr SE - 2005 Civic 2dr EX - 2004 Pilot EX - 2002 Accord 2dr EX - 2002 Accord 4dr SE

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thank you for your replies. Looks like College Hills will be getting another order from me too. Think I will get the splash guards too. I know they aren't highly functional, but I like the look.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by 2017 Touring View Post
    My Stealer said they would sell them to me at cost, I asked the price & was told $170 - I showed him CollegeHills price (115 at the time) & he said "that's my cost". I said OK - I'll take them, you said you'd sell them to me at cost. He then said the lowest he could go was $170. I said I'll order them from Collegehills, and I did.
    Funny how "cost" is a meaningless number to the dealers, to them "cost" is a discount off their heavily inflated prices. Your example shows that $115 still isn't the dealers cost because College Hills wouldn't be selling the matts at zero profit. True cost is probably $85, the dealer marks them up ~300% (My local dealer lists them for $224 on their add-on window sticker), then they "discount" them to to their customers at only 200% markup, and tells you it's their "cost."

In my opinion, WeatherTech mats are just okay. On my '15 they are fine for the driver and back seat. But they slide around on the passenger side. The bottom side is slick, nothing to grip the carpet, and Honda doesn't have retention hooks on the passenger side. They are definitely durable and easy to clean. But the sliding of the passenger side is really a major flaw. I would not buy them again.

I'm waiting for the Husky Mats. I've looked at the Honda ones and didn't care for them that much. We'll be careful this winter and I really don't care about the stock mats. They are pretty much junk from the factory.

I told the wife to not worry about it and we'll trash the carpet ones.
    -Steve
    2017 Honda CR-V Touring AWD Dark Olive Green (Wifey's Car)
    2015 Ram 2500 Longhorn Crew Cab 6.7L Diesel 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Dim Sum View Post
    I'm waiting for the Husky Mats. I've looked at the Honda ones and didn't care for them that much. We'll be careful this winter and I really don't care about the stock mats. They are pretty much junk from the factory.

I told the wife to not worry about it and we'll trash the carpet ones.
    We are also waiting for Husky. Had em in my last V and loved them. Hopefully we won't totally kill the factory mats beforehand.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    FWIW - I bought the Honda high-walled all-season mats and cargo tray from collegehills for our 2017 Touring and am very happy.

I like them better than the Weathertech set in my 2013 EX-L. The Weathertech mats/tray are thin, brittle and slippery to me. I prefer the weight and texture of the new Honda ones.
    Jepalan
    -----------------------------------------
    2013 CR-V EX-L AWD Urban Titanium
    DEH-80PRS, Alpine PDR-v75, JBL P660C, JL Stealth Sub

Dealer will always throw these all weather mats into the deal, nobody should be paying for them.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast