LED fog lights installed - Page 12
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: LED fog lights installed

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewsky510 View Post
    After installing the JDM ASTAR LED's in my fog lights I would have to disagree that all LED's have issues. I think the issue with the sirius LED is the projector bulb on the tip...the light pattern of the JDM's are pointed at a downward angle and appear to be focused as well as the OEM halogens.
    Glad to see the JDM ASTAR LED fog lights are working out. I looked at the wrong JDM ASTAR LED photo which showed a lens similar to the Sirius; these are designed for a sideways dispersion. May have to check these out if your testing continues to be positive. And thanks for the detailed photos - very helpful.
    Current: 2017 Touring Lunar Silver Metallic, 2015 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
    Prior: 2008 CR-V EX-L, 2007 Civic LX, 2005 Accord EX-L V6, 2002 Accord EX-L V6, 1998 Passport EX

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

After installing the JDM ASTAR LED's in my fog lights I would have to disagree that all LED's have issues. I think the issue with the sirius LED is the projector bulb on the tip...the light pattern of the JDM's are pointed at a downward angle and appear to be focused as well as the OEM halogens.
    Drewsky,

Thanks for the pics and the follow up. I'm glad the JDM Amstar fog lights worked out. Could you post a link to them when you have a sec?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by J-Ho View Post
    Drewsky,

Thanks for the pics and the follow up. I'm glad the JDM Amstar fog lights worked out. Could you post a link to them when you have a sec?

Thanks!
    Here it is, hope they work out well for you!

https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Ext.../dp/B01IMVQWDM

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Can you just install an H8 hid bulb for the fog? Or will that not work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here it is, hope they work out well for you!

https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Ext.../dp/B01IMVQWDM
    Great work! Thanks for the pics.Enjoy!

Think the dealer will install these for free(i.e no labor charge) the next time I take it in for an oil change? I already converted everything else to LED, but am too lazy to go underneath the car and mess around with screws.
    Last edited by MangoConChile; 03-20-2017 at 04:04 PM.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    What is the brightest "Yellow" type of fog lights I can use? I seems to see yellow better on the ground when the road is wet. thanks! Cactus Cactus!

LED fog lights installed

Quote Originally Posted by billyrule View Post
    What is the brightest "Yellow" type of fog lights I can use? I seems to see yellow better on the ground when the road is wet. thanks! Cactus Cactus!
    I used these for the fogs . They look great and provide good yellow light to the ground.
    Calais Extremely Bright LED H8 COB Chips 30W Fog Light Bulbs Plug-n-Play(pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CTMT2LY..._9Af0ybTW7CBPW

For headlights I used these:
    SiriusLED Extremely Bright COB LED Chip 8000 Lumens Headlights Fog Lights Bulb Conversion Kit H11 H8 6000K Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J6YGGZ8..._8Xbzid2WzBDpk

For high beams I used these:
    NIGHTEYE 9005 HB3 LED Headlight Conversion Driving lamp 6500K Cool White 72W 9000LM - 3 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KLWDJAE..._Ha9LA2yT7ZpPx

I am very satisfied with the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Fitz4321; 03-20-2017 at 05:31 PM.

That is a good amount of yellow on the ground. Am I correct in thinking they only cast light down and to the sides, and not up like the circular bulbs without cutoff?

I don't see the yellow from behind the wheel except for the sides. The led headlights light the ground in front of me to the point I see every pebble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast