Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

LED fog lights installed

181K views 253 replies 87 participants last post by  rsteinbr 
#1 ·
Here are the difference between LED fog lights on and off.
off
Black Light Lighting Darkness Room

on
Black Light Darkness Automotive lighting Mode of transport

Automotive lighting Black Light Automotive exterior Headlamp

See less See more
#33 ·
Today I Installed the Led Fog Bulbs on my 2017 CR-V Touring. The led bulbs are brighter than the regular bulbs. Here you can see before and after. It looks a lot better than the picture. Also there is a picture of the access cover. This last picture shows upside down and I don't know how to orient correctly
Thanks for the pics! Which brand of LED bulbs did you use?

#34 ·
Thanks bape7u. Installed mine this morning. Pretty simple. After popping the 2 push pins out, that "flap" can be work out/down if the front inner fender is pushed back. It takes a little wiggling, but it gives a person a more room. It looks 100% better than those dreadful bulbs that Honda decided to stick with from other models sans LED headlights. Great color match.

#36 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper

The sun is hitting the paint a slightly higher angle (later in the morning) making it seem like it is brighter in the "after" pic. Pay no attention to that. Compare the color temp between the headlight and the fog. These are the fog light bulbs that Honda should have used in the Touring. But they eliminate an additional part number and improve economy of scale by using the same bulb as the lesser optioned CR-V models. Lame, but I get it.

#40 ·
Folks should be careful before swapping the dome lights for LED equivalents; if you ever use the dome lights while driving, LEDs (if brighter than stock) could be quite dangerous. The same applies to the passenger vanity lights. (I hope the brightness of the driver vanity lights would be a non-issue for everybody!)

I'm also leery of swapping out the fogs (fogs are unaimed and may effect oncoming drivers) and reverse lights. (While it might not cause anybody to ram you, they may be seeing spots for a while if too bright.) Headlights should be okay, since we have projectors, but that would require some actual testing.

#52 · (Edited)
Am I the only one that wants yellow fogs?
The aftermarket LED fogs actually seem a bit better to me in low visibility conditions......maybe that's due to higher lumen output(?). As I mentioned in another post, the decision point for me was when my wife followed me home on our long trek back from the dealer after purchase - the mismatch in color temp between the LED headlights (Touring) and the stock fogs was hideous. Looked like a total swing-and-a-miss by the trim level design folks. My opinion. Maybe going with a very golden/yellow LED would be a good alternative - then it is clearly a purpose driven fog light and not a mismatch between a white LED headlight in the Touring and a white incandescent fog from lower trim levels.

#48 ·
So i made a mod to the fog light bulbs. These sirius LEDs are just too damn bright for my taste. When look directly, it actually looks brighter than the headlights..... It looks more like aftermarket instead of the OEM look that i wanted. I want the look of the fog just like infiniti q50's or lexus's, which when you look at them, it's not that bright.
I just put some electrical tape, cover up the top and half of the front projector. The tape completely block off the light, so the reflector housing don't reflect that many lights. The result was amazing!

Hand Finger

Finger Hand Thumb

#73 ·
Thats the point of the amber/yellow bulbs. They're meant to actually work in fog. However most yellow bulbs are only clear bulbs wrapped with yellow tint, hence why I want a pair of high powered LED yellows. Of course they need to be well aimed well, aka not shining in oncoming drivers eyes. To me, it's not about looks but function. I realize not everyone lives in a zone where yellow fogs make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.