Screen Protector - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Screen Protector

crv|oc Rank: Member
    I was just thinking about this this weekend. I can't stand all the finger prints and dust the current screen attracts.

The one the OP linked to isn't available on amazon but the same one looks to be available on ebay. There's another brand available on amazon and ebay. They offer an anti-glare or clear option. Glare is not a problem with the current screen so I wonder if anti-glare is needed. I have gotten anti-glare screens for my phones before and I didn't like them because some of the cuts down the amount of light. Don't know if this one does or not. The clear screen offers "self-healing" (!!!). Not sure what that means but maybe I'll have to give that a try

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vroom96 View Post
    I was just thinking about this this weekend. I can't stand all the finger prints and dust the current screen attracts.

The one the OP linked to isn't available on amazon but the same one looks to be available on ebay. There's another brand available on amazon and ebay. They offer an anti-glare or clear option. Glare is not a problem with the current screen so I wonder if anti-glare is needed. I have gotten anti-glare screens for my phones before and I didn't like them because some of the cuts down the amount of light. Don't know if this one does or not. The clear screen offers "self-healing" (!!!). Not sure what that means but maybe I'll have to give that a try
    give us some feedback when you get one...thanks

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    There is another company in Newtown, PA called NuShield who also have Screen Protectors for Car Navigation screens (touch screens incl.).

http://www.nushield.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    I just contacted NuShield, they don't have the 17 CRV listed yet but they are going to email me when they have an ETA.
    2003 Gold EX CRV---> 2007 Basque Red EXL CRV---> 2017 Molten Lava Pearl EX CRV!! Hidden Content

Does anyone know if the screen is made of glass (or Gorilla glass like most phones) or if it's made from a hard plastic?

If it it glass, there should be no concerns about scratches unless you have sand on your fingers or you wear a diamond ring that could come into contact with the screen. I've always hated screen protectors. I feel like they reduce screen sensitivity and make the screen less clear. That said, if it really reduces glare and fingerprints, that a definite plus!

I'm considering one simply for fingerprints, I don't think scratches are really a concern. NuShield contacted me for pictures of our screen, I sent them a few with measurements. Hopefully I'll hear soon if they decide to make one.
    2003 Gold EX CRV---> 2007 Basque Red EXL CRV---> 2017 Molten Lava Pearl EX CRV!! Hidden Content

The anti-glare TuftProtect screen protectors (available at amazon) work well, but you have to remove the volume knob to install it correctly.

Does the knob come off easily?

bsirk3, I'm sorry to say that I haven't tried it yet. I ended up cutting mine instead of removing the knob.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bsirk3 View Post
    NuShield contacted me for pictures of our screen, I sent them a few with measurements. Hopefully I'll hear soon if they decide to make one.
    I think I may have to go the same route bsirk3, my 2016 CRV was built in Thailand, my cabin layout is for RH Drive.
    One would expect Honda R&D to take into consideration scratches to the screen from women (and some men) with long fingernails.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast