Extended warranty - Page 4
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Extended warranty

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemu View Post
    Most can be cancelled at anytime - prorated after some initial period of time. I cancelled one a few years ago after 18 months and 20K miles and received a refund for roughly 80% of the initial cost. IT TOOK MONTHS TO GET THE CASH but it finally arrived.
    Wow, I am hoping that it doesn't take months for this money to show up for me.

On my contract it states that up to 60 days is a full 100% refund, after the 60 day mark it is a prorated refund.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJayhawk View Post
    So I unfortunately fell to the pressure of the finance guy and, worried about all that new electronics, engine, tyranny, etc and opted for the extended warranty. I did refuse the first time. Hooray for me. But he reduced the price. I got hit for $1700 on a 8 year/100K $50 dedictible plan.

Then I started reading the extended warranty threads on this forum and after 6 weeks of ownership decided to read my obligations to keep the contract valid. Thats when i realized my plan was adminitered by Ethos and not Hondacare. Also it stated I needed to change the oil every 5000 miles or 6 months. In general I do not have a problem with this, but I did not like the exact number. Also it indicated I needed to change the timing belt before 60K miles. Again I think this is before Honda's own requirement.

So in addition to paying to much, I felt I had obligations that were too restrictive and went beyond the Honda schedule. That would cost me more money down the road.

I read the cancellation requirements and this morning I went ready for an argument with the finance guy. Well he was too busy with a dealer trade and essentially blew me off. I came back at 3:30. He was available and I was ready.

Oddly it was a non-event. He entered my number in his computer, asked why, and printed out a document with my reimbursement amount. That amount will be credited to my loan. He claims that was the law. I expected that so it was no big deal. It will shorten the loan.

I will call Ethos next week to verify the cancellation request was received. The reimburse will probably take several weeks though. I will try to post my progress here.

I took an $80 loss. Not a big deal. If I choose Hondacare from say College Hills I will have saved hundreds for a better plan backed by Honda.

For you buyers out there reading this forum. Please remember you have options after the purchase. Do not get caught up in the moment. Go prepared. Be calm. Be ready to walk away. Good luck.

JJ
    What?! I called Ethos and they said I had to deal with my dealership. The dealership gave me a form to fill out AFTER receiving my first bill to fax in.

Suspicious.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Here is my opinion on them. I bought them when I was young and didn't know any better. They are easy money for anybody that offers them. I never buy them for anything anymore, doesn't matter what it is for or what it covers.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gafsiamit View Post
    What?! I called Ethos and they said I had to deal with my dealership. The dealership gave me a form to fill out AFTER receiving my first bill to fax in.

Suspicious.
    Ethos has 30 full refund cancellation in NJ. You should not need any bill to start the process in my opinion. I would fax in now and see what happens.

JJ

Just got a letter from Honda Financial Services that Honda care on my CRV gives Roadside assistance coverage to 5 additional Honda,Acura or Honda motorcycles registered to the same household address. Its news to me so thought of sharing.

Ethos has 30 full refund cancellation in NJ. You should not need any bill to start the process in my opinion. I would fax in now and see what happens.

JJ
    I called them and they said fill out the form. However since it's part of my financing, I have to put the lien holder as the addressee, which means I have to wait for the first bill to find out who owns my loan.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumpernator View Post
    In my third party contract (Fidelity Warranty Service) it said I could either go through the dealer or notify them in writing. I mailed a letter to them on Tuesday. Should have been delivered today, since I'm in Georgia and this company is in Florida. Also sent them a copy of the contract so they would have all the info they needed. Will report back when I hear something.
    Our refund was applied to our loan with Honda Financial on the 20th. So it took just shy of a month for the refund. We bought our 2016 in August and got a 95.18% refund, minus a $50 fee.

Thanks to this Forum, we saved a LOT of money and ended up with a much better warranty through Honda Care. Very happy!!
    Dave
    2016 CR-V Touring

So I unfortunately fell to the pressure of the finance guy and, worried about all that new electronics, engine, tyranny, etc and opted for the extended warranty. I did refuse the first time. Hooray for me. But he reduced the price. I got hit for $1700 on a 8 year/100K $50 dedictible plan.

Then I started reading the extended warranty threads on this forum and after 6 weeks of ownership decided to read my obligations to keep the contract valid. Thats when i realized my plan was adminitered by Ethos and not Hondacare. Also it stated I needed to change the oil every 5000 miles or 6 months. In general I do not have a problem with this, but I did not like the exact number. Also it indicated I needed to change the timing belt before 60K miles. Again I think this is before Honda's own requirement.

So in addition to paying to much, I felt I had obligations that were too restrictive and went beyond the Honda schedule. That would cost me more money down the road.

I read the cancellation requirements and this morning I went ready for an argument with the finance guy. Well he was too busy with a dealer trade and essentially blew me off. I came back at 3:30. He was available and I was ready.

Oddly it was a non-event. He entered my number in his computer, asked why, and printed out a document with my reimbursement amount. That amount will be credited to my loan. He claims that was the law. I expected that so it was no big deal. It will shorten the loan.

I will call Ethos next week to verify the cancellation request was received. The reimburse will probably take several weeks though. I will try to post my progress here.

I took an $80 loss. Not a big deal. If I choose Hondacare from say College Hills I will have saved hundreds for a better plan backed by Honda.

For you buyers out there reading this forum. Please remember you have options after the purchase. Do not get caught up in the moment. Go prepared. Be calm. Be ready to walk away. Good luck.

JJ
    Almost exactly the same think happened to me yesterday when i brought my EXL AWD without Nav and the finance guy offered something from $2500 and after i mentioned about hondacare pricing he came down to $1750. But i no for everything he offered.

Has anyone purchased the Hondacare with payment plan , i see this point "0% interest payment plan" in benefit section in Hondafinancialservicecs website.

Quote Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
    Has anyone purchased the Hondacare with payment plan , i see this point "0% interest payment plan" in benefit section in Hondafinancialservicecs website.
    Sorry couldn't paste link that i am refering because I am still new to the forum

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast