Extended warranty
NEWS
 

  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

    Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
     
Thanks Thanks:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Extended warranty

  1. #1
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    69
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Extended warranty

    Just wondering for any owners out there if you purchased an extended warranty with the vehicle? There cars have so much tech in them nowadays that I fear not being able to take the car to a regular mechanic once the vehicle goes out of warranty due to them not being able to fix it. That and having a turbo in the engine concerns me.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    145
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MangoConChile View Post
    Just wondering for any owners out there if you purchased an extended warranty with the vehicle? There cars have so much tech in them nowadays that I fear not being able to take the car to a regular mechanic once the vehicle goes out of warranty due to them not being able to fix it. That and having a turbo in the engine concerns me.
    Get hondacare. I would not want to own this vehicle after the warranty over, far too many expensive items that are pretty much experimental for Honda.

  4. #3
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    12
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ulieq View Post
    Get hondacare. I would not want to own this vehicle after the warranty over, far too many expensive items that are pretty much experimental for Honda.
    Likewise for me. This vehicle is awesome and Honda has a great history for dependable products but I went with the extended warranty. One warranty repair will pay for the warranty if needed. If it isn't needed, the peace of mind will be worth it. There is a lot going on in this beast. I had an Audi TT roadster that my wife loved to death but I had to get rid of it when the warranty expired. The headlight "system" was around $1200. A light went out on the dash, oil pressure or something. The whole instrument cluster needed replaced - $3500. Warranty covered, but if you had to pay, jeez. I've never been one to buy extra insurance on anything but I'm keeping this vehicle if all goes well and an 8 year warranty is worth the price for me.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts
    44
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Boy do I feel like an idiot. The warranty I signed on at my local dealership wasn't a Hondacare warranty, but a warranty through a third party. Since I financed the warranty in with my monthly payments I guess I'm pretty much screwed out of that money at this point.

    Does anyone have any experience with the third party warranties Honda dealerships offer?

  7. #5
    crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    189
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxguy676 View Post
    Boy do I feel like an idiot. The warranty I signed on at my local dealership wasn't a Hondacare warranty, but a warranty through a third party. Since I financed the warranty in with my monthly payments I guess I'm pretty much screwed out of that money at this point.

    Does anyone have any experience with the third party warranties Honda dealerships offer?
    Check your warranty papers you signed, they usually have a 60 day cancellation clause, as long as there are no claims. I took the 3rd party warranty, also, at the time of purchase knowing I could cancel which would give me time to research after. I will be cancelling it and buying hondacare. I've been having quotes emailed to me, cheapest one so far I believe was College Hill Honda. Don't forget, try to negotiate on price. I have only 3 weeks left so I need to hurry and get that done!
    2003 Gold EX CRV---> 2007 Basque Red EXL CRV---> 2017 Molten Lava Pearl EX CRV!! Hidden Content

  8. #6
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    69
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxguy676 View Post
    Boy do I feel like an idiot. The warranty I signed on at my local dealership wasn't a Hondacare warranty, but a warranty through a third party. Since I financed the warranty in with my monthly payments I guess I'm pretty much screwed out of that money at this point.

    Does anyone have any experience with the third party warranties Honda dealerships offer?

    My dealer also tried to sell me a warranty, I passed on it knowing I could get a warranty later although he did mention the longer I wait the higher the price would be.

    Also been looking at some other forums and found you can get HondaCare much cheaper from other dealers across the country. Does anyone have any recommendations to purchase Hondacare from dealers?

  9. #7
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts
    44
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bsirk3 View Post
    Check your warranty papers you signed, they usually have a 60 day cancellation clause, as long as there are no claims. I took the 3rd party warranty, also, at the time of purchase knowing I could cancel which would give me time to research after. I will be cancelling it and buying hondacare. I've been having quotes emailed to me, cheapest one so far I believe was College Hill Honda. Don't forget, try to negotiate on price. I have only 3 weeks left so I need to hurry and get that done!
    What prices are you getting from College Hill Honda? I am looking at Hyannis Honda in Massachusetts, and the pricing from them seems pretty fair. I am glad that I actually took a look at my warranty paperwork thoroughly last night to find out it was a third party warranty.

    Quote Originally Posted by MangoConChile View Post
    My dealer also tried to sell me a warranty, I passed on it knowing I could get a warranty later although he did mention the longer I wait the higher the price would be.

    Also been looking at some other forums and found you can get HondaCare much cheaper from other dealers across the country. Does anyone have any recommendations to purchase Hondacare from dealers?
    Thanks for the reply, I am researching buying through other dealers as well. The genuine Hondcare warranty basically extends the bumper to bumper warranty for the mileage and months you choose, correct?

  10. #8
    crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    189
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    From Saccucci 7yr/100k-$950
    College Hills 7yr/100k-$855

    Hyannis only sent me, for some reason, rates for up to 4yrs, 4yr/60k-875.

    I'm going to try to get college hills down to 800 or show my dealer the rate college hills sent me and see if they will match/beat the quote.
    2003 Gold EX CRV---> 2007 Basque Red EXL CRV---> 2017 Molten Lava Pearl EX CRV!! Hidden Content

  11. #9
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts
    44
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    This is the quote I was emailed from HyannisName:  IMG_1766.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  41.9 KB

  12. #10
    crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    189
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Thank you! That helps, looks like College Hills beats them by a bit. I'll be stopping by my dealer this week to cancel the other warranty. It would be nice if they could match college hills and put it into my loan...not sure how that works, though.
    2003 Gold EX CRV---> 2007 Basque Red EXL CRV---> 2017 Molten Lava Pearl EX CRV!! Hidden Content

  13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Extended warranty
    By Geochurchi in forum Dear Honda: (Feedback Forum)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-13-2015, 03:12 AM
  2. Extended Warranty-Yes or No
    By Newfcrv in forum Problems & Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-21-2014, 04:38 PM
  3. Extended Warranty
    By mschmid4 in forum Shoppin' and Test Drivin'
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 02:58 PM
  4. extended warranty
    By crave123 in forum Dear Honda: (Feedback Forum)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 04:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2