USB audio interface - USB flash drive type & capacity - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USB audio interface - USB flash drive type & capacity

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by robrink View Post
    Just out of curiosity. Do you have to put the USB drive in the same port as the Appleplay port? Or can it go in any port. I didn't see a mention of that in the manual.
    Yes. The only port that talks to the car is that one 1.5A port. The rest are just charging ports.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Actually the USB drive will work in either port. I use mine in the 1.0 port so I have the 1.5 available for Android Auto (same port for Apple Carplay). See page 231 in your manual.
    Last edited by Shinytop; 02-17-2017 at 01:33 PM.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Huh; good to know.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sirwired View Post
    Yes. The only port that talks to the car is that one 1.5A port. The rest are just charging ports.
    Thanks

Thats what I thought.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytop View Post
    Actually the USB drive will work in either port. I use mine in the 1.0 port so I have the 1.5 available for Android Auto (same port for Apple Carplay). See page 231 in your manual.
    This is also mentioned in the Honda YouTube videos. See "2017 Honda CR-V: Versatile Center Console" video at about 53 seconds (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDh-5EfM9lA) .

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytop View Post
    I can confirm that too on my EX...I use my CarPlay in the left and leave a USB drive in the right one.

I use the ultra compact SanDisk Cruzer Fit USB Flash Drive with 64GB in the USB console ports in my '15 CRV. I have one in both ports. They hold tons of music and it is easy to switch from one to the other on screen. These are very very compact and the cover to the USP can be closed over them all the way so as not to take up added space in the console. I set the audio control to play music in shuffle and it works great. I use a different genre on one Cruzer flash drive and a different genre on the other. Of course you can select other than shuffle. It is a personal preference. The 64GB size is huge and even though I have lots of music it is far from being maxed out.
    Enjoy The Ride

2015 Honda CR-V (EX-L 2WD)

10. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12