USB audio interface - USB flash drive type & capacity
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: USB audio interface - USB flash drive type & capacity

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

Question USB audio interface - USB flash drive type & capacity

Hello everyone! I will be acquiring a 2017 CR-V AWD Touring sometime soon. I want to prepare for a road trip by buying a USB flash drive (or two) that will be compatible with the new CR-V's USB audio interface.

Is anyone aware of the type of USB flash drive that is supported (USB 2.0 or 3.0)? Is there a maximum capacity (8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, or more) for a USB flash drive? Is there a "format" (FAT16, FAT32, NTSB) that is recommended?

I can't find this information anywhere online. The dealer reps don't know much about it. It would be frustrating to buy a 128GB or 256GB capacity drive only to find that the new CR-V rejects it as "unsupported."

Please let me know if anyone has recommendations. Thanks!!

- Chris S.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    Yes, I would also like to know. I am using the default formatting at 8 gig as I didn't know what to use. I picked up a 128 gig flash at Staples for $15.99.. and would like to use it.. thanks folks!

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    I have used the same flash drive for 4 years and this is the third car. So USB 2.0 will work fine, no need for the extra speed. I have a 64 gig in mine. Have not tested for what the upper limit is. All the manual says is that over 245 MB is recommended.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinytop View Post
    I have used the same flash drive for 4 years and this is the third car. So USB 2.0 will work fine, no need for the extra speed. I have a 64 gig in mine. Have not tested for what the upper limit is. All the manual says is that over 245 MB is recommended.
    Thanks for adding that. I was hoping that the brand new, redesigned 2017 CR-V with added USB ports would support USB 3.0 and 256GB USB flash drives. I can't find any exact specs on the car, and from what I know about Honda audio systems (antiquated technology most times), I suspect that USB 2.0 with a 64GB USB flash drive may be its limit.

Thanks (Received)
    I have a USB 3.0 64GB flash drive and it works fine.

Does anyone know how to pause music from the USB Audio interface?

Thanks (Received)
    In my '15 I simply choose a different input source, i.e. AM, FM, XM radio. When I choose to go back to the USB it picks up the song right where I left off.
    Enjoy the ride!

2015 Honda CR-V (EX-L 2WD)

Thanks (Received)
    Fat 32 usb 3.0 64 gb works on mine.

Thanks (Received)
    So it seems like I'll buy 2 new 64GB USB 3.0 flash drives and format them as FAT32... that seems to be what works for a lot of people.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by CGS878 View Post
    So it seems like I'll buy 2 new 64GB USB 3.0 flash drives and format them as FAT32... that seems to be what works for a lot of people.
    I bought 2 64GB USB 3.0 Lexar JumpDrive S75 dongles at Staples today. I have a 128GB flash drive around here somewhere. Once I get the CR-V, I can experiment!

Thanks (Received)
    Just out of curiosity. Do you have to put the USB drive in the same port as the Appleplay port? Or can it go in any port. I didn't see a mention of that in the manual.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast