Door/Window Visors
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Door/Window Visors

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

Door/Window Visors

Hi all. New to the forum. I am in the process of negotiating a purchase of a 2017 CRV. I previously owned a 2016 Honda Fit, but was involved in an accident last week and the car was written off. I have a second child on the way and felt it was time for a bigger vehicle. Anyhow, I see Honda Canada's offical price for these visors at $350ish dollars, which seems ridiculous for what they are. I cannot seem to find any aftermarket versions for the 2017 CRV. My question is, would the 2016 CRV aftermarket visors work? I see plenty of them available for purchase in Canada. I know my dealer is offering a $200 accessory credit, but that still leaves these at $150+ and I know I can them cheaper aftermarket. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    The Honda dealer installed visors have a chrome strip along the upper area. As far as I have seen, aftermarket visors are all plain black/gray without the chrome. I think that the Honda visors look slick with the chrome, which integrates with the rest of the chrome trim.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman buggingout67's Avatar
    Thanks (Received)
    I seen them for like $150 and so on usa ebay. OEM can you get them in Canada ebay
    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/172483066190

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Hi all, thank you for the replies. The chrome indeed looks nice, but not enough for me to justify the dealer cost in Canada.

Those OEM ones on ebay are only in the U.S, and none found on Canadian ebay. I did find a local seller with similar ones for $109CDN last night.

Appreciate the help!

LDB
    Thanks (Received)
    Before you get any check your rear windows. My 2016 rear windows move both horizontally and vertically when opening. This creates an open strip the height of the window that rain or debris could blow in, making the rear window visor useless. I suspect if you wait just a bit you will be able to order the ones you need from WeatherTech. Theirs are excellent. I've had them on my last 3 cars. You might contact them and ask when they expect to have your fitment available.
    2016 EX Mountain Air Metallic

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
    Before you get any check your rear windows. My 2016 rear windows move both horizontally and vertically when opening. This creates an open strip the height of the window that rain or debris could blow in, making the rear window visor useless. I suspect if you wait just a bit you will be able to order the ones you need from WeatherTech. Theirs are excellent. I've had them on my last 3 cars. You might contact them and ask when they expect to have your fitment available.
    Yeah I signed up for a waiting list with weathertech so they will advise when they get them in.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks (Received)
    I suspect if you wait just a bit you will be able to order the ones you need from WeatherTech. Theirs are excellent. I've had them on my last 3 cars. You might contact them and ask when they expect to have your fitment available.
    Just be aware that the WeatherTech ones install in the window channels as opposed to the Honda ones which adhere to the trim around the window. I have WeatherTech visors on my '15 Pilot and I'm not really a fan - I'll be getting the the Honda ones for my V.

In my experience, WeatherTech visors:
    • interfere with the window travel and can cause the window to think it has hit an obstruction and retract. Not fun when it's raining.
    • Are hard on the window motors for the same reason as the last point.
    • Create a whistling noise from the wind because the window is pushed inward and does not contact the weather stripping.
    • Are a little tricky to install. Watch a YT vid on this.
    • Can be stolen without damage. Mine can be pulled right out with the window up or down.

On the plus side, they require no adhesive and can be taken off and put back on if you choose to do so.

LDB
    Thanks (Received)
    You put the window up and down like 3 times and it learns the new top position so it doesn't think it hit an obstruction. That also makes it not hard on the motor as it's stopping at the new top position. I've had them on 3 cars from 3 makers and never had a problem with whistling or other noise problems.
    2016 EX Mountain Air Metallic

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    Go with civic hatch

Thanks (Received)
    You put the window up and down like 3 times and it learns the new top position so it doesn't think it hit an obstruction. That also makes it not hard on the motor as it's stopping at the new top position. I've had them on 3 cars from 3 makers and never had a problem with whistling or other noise problems.
    I have always had the VentShade Vent Visors on my cars. I'm buying the Honda CR-V ones this time because I like the chrome strip that matches the CR-V's chrome. So they cost twice as much... I just spent $35K on a Touring... what's another $184 + installation?

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast