ringing noise while accelerating 0-30
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ringing noise while accelerating 0-30

crv|oc Rank: Member

ringing noise while accelerating 0-30

Just got back from Honda service where they can hear the ringing noise while accelerating 0-30 on my 2017 EX-L but were unable to fix it. They say it is normal. However my wife also has a 2017 EX-L and no noises during acceleration.
    Anyone else think this is normal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Mine does not have a ringing, it has a bit of growlling when accelerating.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Hmmm. No ringing that I can think of. A little growling. Is it loud enough to record it?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

It is not very loud and does not happen all the time. I hear it best in low gear.

I am %99.5 sure its the turbo ringing. The reason you dont hear it at higher speeds is because the increase of engine noise drowns out the ringing. Everyone has it no exceptions if you focus on it you will hear it. It depends on how good your hearing is. Next drive feather the accelerator and if you have passengers ask them to be quiet and listen and tell them if they hear ringing. Someone will pick it up its pretty normal for a turbo engine. I have to say its very quiet comparing it to my other turbo cars. Also no turbo is created equal some are louder then others. I will do a test keeping the hood open and having someone tap the gas. One thing is for sure you are not the only one.
    Last edited by buggingout67; 02-17-2017 at 10:12 AM.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Unfortunately you won't be able to hear the turbo operating if you just open the hood and rev the engine; since there's no load, the car won't spin up the turbo. You'd need to be on a dyno to load it up.

I had a turbocharged car before this one (an '04 Passat) and the turbo was audible if you knew what to listen for, but it wasn't especially prominent, and you felt it more than heard it. (And I don't even feel it in this car...)

Sometimes this sound can get very loud, it is like there is a loose top to a canister under the hood, very high pitched. But then other times it is silent. Like I said my wife has the same ex-l and no noise.
    Also only happens when my foot is on the accelerator.

I have that same noise. I would describe it as an 'almost ringing noise' and for me it seems to come from the front/right side of driver.

Also my neighbor said it sounded like it was coming from the drivers side.

So I am guessing it has not been fixed?

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast