Have you seen sandstorm metallic in person? - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you seen sandstorm metallic in person?

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean4 View Post
    I appreciate all the feedback very much. Thank you for taking the time to answer. I am very excited to take delivery of my very first Honda ever! Just waiting on the diesel nightmare with VW to be over.

Get ready to fall in love. With the color and the car itself. You'll love Honda. You'll hate their service department. Enjoy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    I found this YouTube video which might help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trqnth4OdnQ

Quote Originally Posted by kidder View Post
    I found this YouTube video which might help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trqnth4OdnQ
    Thanks, that helped a lot!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by garoto View Post
    Get ready to fall in love. With the color and the car itself. You'll love Honda. You'll hate their service department. Enjoy.
    I actually like my local Honda dealer's service department. While they may not be fast at what they're doing, they are thorough. The service reps don't insist on making the "recommended repairs" right there, right now, and if I feel that my car needs them, I'll agree to having them done. The waiting area is nice too (very spacious and accommodating). You just have to find the right dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by CGS878 View Post
    I actually like my local Honda dealer's service department. While they may not be fast at what they're doing, they are thorough. The service reps don't insist on making the "recommended repairs" right there, right now, and if I feel that my car needs them, I'll agree to having them done. The waiting area is nice too (very spacious and accommodating). You just have to find the right dealer.
    Do they treat your car properly, do they bring the car to a full stop before going into and out of "reverse" or "drive"? The dealers I go to abuse the cars. Have you checked your engine oil, is it overfilled? 99.9% of the time they overfill my engine oil. What about your interior, do they scratch up your leather steering wheel or leave greasy interior or oil spills under the hood? Do they protect your Exterior with matts when they're working on the car? Do you know that they put the right fluids? Honda genuine? Some dealers use non-Honda fluids without telling you. Do they top off your coolant reservoir with coolant or whatever? They don't tell you, but they add water and they're not supposed to, especially in Turbo cars.

I have huge issues with my local dealerships. I'll get at least one or more of the issues I mentioned - every time.

Name:  1989 Accord.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  34.8 KB

This picture is just like my first Honda Accord, a 1989. The color was a sort of desert sand, I cannot remember the paint name. It was a nice light shade of tan/gold and was metallic. When the sun hit that paint it was just amazing. I bought this used, 8 years old, and at 131,000 miles. Yes, I had to do a number of things to it to bring it back to tip top shape. But I loved it! That color and coupled with its burgundy interior of cloth seats and trim seemed so luxurious. That year was the first for fuel injection but my LX had the carb. It was stick shift and that 4 cylinder engine could really make those 13 inch tires go. I was younger then and just one time I had to see how fast it would go. So, on a long section of empty deserted highway I put the pedal to the metal and away we went. After just a short while the speedometer reached 115 mph and was still moving up but I had ran the course as far as I dared. It was one sweet car, and I wish I still had it! Now that color was super easy to take care of, not ever showing the dirt; and it just seemed so very rich. The '89 styling was so sporty and the headlights with the auto closed covers made it even more so. ...what a car and tribute to Honda, thanks! JimBob
    Last edited by jimbob15; Yesterday at 04:37 PM.
    Enjoy The Ride

2015 Honda CR-V (EX-L 2WD)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob15 View Post
    Attachment 77466

This picture is just like my first 1989 Honda Accord. The color was a sort of desert sand, I cannot remember the paint name. It was a nice light shade of tan/gold and was metallic. When the sun hit that paint it was just amazing. I bought this used, 8 years old, and at 131,000 miles. Yes, I had to do a number of things to it to bring it back to tip top shape. But I loved it! That color and coupled with its burgundy interior of cloth seats and trim seemed so luxurious. That year was the first for fuel injection but my LX had the carb. It was stick shift and that 4 cylinder engine could really make those 13 inch tires go. I was younger then and just one time I had to see how fast it would go. So, on a long section of empty deserted highway I put the pedal to the metal and away we went. After just a short while the speedometer reached 115 mph and was still moving up but I had ran the course as far as I dared. It was one sweet car, and I wish I still had it! Now that color was super easy to take care of, not ever showing the dirt; and it just seemed so very rich. The '89 styling was so sporty and the headlights with the auto closed covers made it even more so. ...what a car and tribute to Honda, thanks! JimBob
    That's a beautiful car though for some reason it looks silver / blueish in this photo. If Sandstorm had been available with black interior that would've been my exterior color of choice. White Diamond Pearl is beautiful though so I'm happy with it. I think Sandstorm is the best and most unique color on the CR-V.

I have seen it and I would strongly recommend that you view it in person before making any kind of decision. People tend to either love it or hate it. Personally, I don't care for it as it seems a "fleshy" flat beige to me, but I have a friend that loves the color.

Man, this color is growing on me the more I see it. At first I thought it wasn't for me at all and was set on white, but now I'm not so sure. I need to see one in person but the only one around my area is 45 minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by garoto View Post
    Do they treat your car properly, do they bring the car to a full stop before going into and out of "reverse" or "drive"? The dealers I go to abuse the cars. Have you checked your engine oil, is it overfilled? 99.9% of the time they overfill my engine oil. What about your interior, do they scratch up your leather steering wheel or leave greasy interior or oil spills under the hood? Do they protect your Exterior with matts when they're working on the car? Do you know that they put the right fluids? Honda genuine? Some dealers use non-Honda fluids without telling you. Do they top off your coolant reservoir with coolant or whatever? They don't tell you, but they add water and they're not supposed to, especially in Turbo cars.

I have huge issues with my local dealerships. I'll get at least one or more of the issues I mentioned - every time.
    Wow, you sure do have a laundry list of complaints. I have not had such bad luck, which is why I keep going back to the same dealer service department every time. I don't do my own auto maintenance, so I choose to trust my local Honda dealer with my cars instead of some "greasy spoon" garage mechanic who services all makes & models as fast as he can (but dang, those coupons in the local paper sure do make me want to try him out one day! NOT.).

I don't know what the Honda dealer's back service area looks like, and frankly I don't really want to know as long as the repairs are done properly. The Honda dealer has ASE signs in the publicly accessible/viewable area of the garage, for whatever that's worth. I hope that they are using Honda fluids since they are a Honda dealer and can get them for cost (vs. what they charge us at the parts window for the same). I really don't know if it's worth worrying about in my world. I have money, so I pay them whatever they want to charge me for the service. I'm really not in a position to argue or shop around, so I don't bother.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast