New CRV 2017 - loose trim on center console - is this normal?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New CRV 2017 - loose trim on center console - is this normal?

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

New CRV 2017 - loose trim on center console - is this normal?

I was running my dashcam cables yesterday in my new CRV and ran them down the A pillar, then squeezed them under the rubber / foam on the passenger side door (had to really peel it back to get in there). Construction appears very solid, even on the trim under the dash, could barely find any room to hook the cable under the glove box anywhere. So what surprised me was that when I reached the center console, where it meets the cabin carpet, almost the whole length of it does not appear to be connected to the floor. I can essentially squeeze my hand and move it clearly and bend the plastic back. Its held in place in the front and back, but the side plastic in the passenger footwell doesn't seem to have any connections to the floor. I checked on the driver side and it appears to have at least one clip into the floor in the driver footwell. So, I ran my fingers inside the passenger side trim and couldn't feel any broken clips or anything - so I guess its by design? Can anyone with a 2017 check quickly and see if this is the same on your car? I hope it wasn't improperly installed at the factory or something.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    Could it be for repair access?
    2003 Gold EX CRV---> 2007 Basque Red EXL CRV---> 2017 Molten Lava Pearl EX CRV!! Hidden Content

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    It is only held in along the top, not the bottom. I had to take it out when I installed the lighted door sills.

You can see how it attaches in the door sill instructions here:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...orsilltrim.pdf
    2017 Honda CR-V AWD Touring in Molten Lava

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by frostrambler View Post
    I was running my dashcam cables yesterday in my new CRV and ran them down the A pillar, then squeezed them under the rubber / foam on the passenger side door (had to really peel it back to get in there). Construction appears very solid, even on the trim under the dash, could barely find any room to hook the cable under the glove box anywhere. So what surprised me was that when I reached the center console, where it meets the cabin carpet, almost the whole length of it does not appear to be connected to the floor. I can essentially squeeze my hand and move it clearly and bend the plastic back. Its held in place in the front and back, but the side plastic in the passenger footwell doesn't seem to have any connections to the floor. I checked on the driver side and it appears to have at least one clip into the floor in the driver footwell. So, I ran my fingers inside the passenger side trim and couldn't feel any broken clips or anything - so I guess its by design? Can anyone with a 2017 check quickly and see if this is the same on your car? I hope it wasn't improperly installed at the factory or something.

Thanks
    which brand dash-cam are you using?

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangotango View Post
    which brand dash-cam are you using?
    I use a thinkware F750 and I love it. However there are tons of different cameras at many price points. The Dashcam Talk forums are a great place, or the dashcam subreddit on Reddit to learn more.

Currently people recommend a Thinkware F770 (same as an F750), or a Blackvue DRG550 (not exact name, I forget the exact name), or a Xiamoi action cam.

When my F750 dies, I will probably get a Blackvue as those are considered a gold standard now. Also Street Voyager makes good ones too.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandito View Post
    It is only held in along the top, not the bottom. I had to take it out when I installed the lighted door sills.

You can see how it attaches in the door sill instructions here:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...orsilltrim.pdf
    Thanks, this calmed me down quite a bit!

9. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread