Dealer "free advertising" on your new CR-V? - Page 4
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dealer "free advertising" on your new CR-V?

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Really, WD40 doesn't harm paint? I can't WAIT to do this, then! Just to confirm, when you say "spray the back of it" you mean just spray the logo, period?

Quote Originally Posted by 2017 CRV EX View Post
    Spray the back of it with wd40 and let sit 20 minutes. It will come right off easy. WD40 breaks down adhesive and does not hurt paint
    2017 CR-V 2WD Touring Molten Lava Pearl! Previously owned: 1st Gen ('97) CR-V; 2009 Honda Fit (college graduation gift for kid); 2004 Pilot EX (sold 3/17 with 276K miles on her!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Any ideas on removing this one? It's not really that noticeable from a distance, but I'd rather not have it there for the rest of the car's life. It seems to be some sort of metallized plastic, or maybe thin metal, and I don't think WD-40 would penetrate. It is so thin I can't get a fingernail under it, and I'm sure using a razor blade would be a huge mistake.

Name:  decal.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  17.8 KB

Before when we agreed on contract for my wife's CRV I informed salesman no dealer stickers or deal is off... hate those things
    2017 AWD EX-L: White Diamond Pearl w/Black Leather
    2014 V6 Accord Coupe in Modern Steel (quick car)
    2008 Mustang GT/CS Convertible 5-speed (fun car to drive & looks great)

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman freshlysqueezed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
    Any ideas on removing this one? It's not really that noticeable from a distance, but I'd rather not have it there for the rest of the car's life. It seems to be some sort of metallized plastic, or maybe thin metal, and I don't think WD-40 would penetrate. It is so thin I can't get a fingernail under it, and I'm sure using a razor blade would be a huge mistake.

Attachment 84410

Scraperite plastic razors with WD-40. Won't scratch the paint.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    2017 CR-V EX-L AWD Lunar Silver/Black
    2007 GTI

In 1967 I ordered a new '67 Mustang fast back and had it clearly specified on the contract 'No Dealer Tag'. Back then this particular dealer drilled two holes in the deck lid to add his logo. When the car came in, there it was with his logo on the trunk. I refused delivery till the dealership got another yellow fast back and traded out the deck lid. I won't even keep their license plate frame on my car. If they are willing to pay me a monthly fee we can talk about it.

In the past, I have used a hair dryer to heat up the decal and a credit card to scrap/remove it when it gets soft.
    2004 CR-V EX Silver 5 speed manual 290,000+ miles
    2004 Pilot EX-L White/Green 191,000+ miles
    2017 CR-V EX-L White Diamond Pearl /Black Leather Sunroof and Hood Deflectors, OEM Rubber Mats, Cargo Tray, Mud Flaps, Rear Bumper Protector, Rear Hatch Sill Protector, complete LED interior upgrade, LED back up lights. Future planned OEM Illuminated Door Sills and swap-out to LED Low Beam Headlight and Yellow Fog light bulbs.

Just got our new plates yesterday, and off went the paper placards and the plate frame with the dealer name on it. Glad that many dealers are just doing the plate frames now, instead of the decals. Much easier to remove.

If your dealer puts decals on, tell them to remove them before you take delivery of the car. If any one is going to screw up the removal it would be better them than you after you get it home.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaken View Post
    Here's a tip... Remove the dealers license plate frame then mount it backwards and it creates a nice border for your license.
    Great tip! Good way to hide sharp edges of license plate

I have used hair dryer also to heat up decals & then peel off. Also, WD-40 will not harm paint
    2017 AWD EX-L: White Diamond Pearl w/Black Leather
    2014 V6 Accord Coupe in Modern Steel (quick car)
    2008 Mustang GT/CS Convertible 5-speed (fun car to drive & looks great)

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast