Dealer "free advertising" on your new CR-V?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dealer "free advertising" on your new CR-V?

crv|oc Rank: Member

Question Dealer "free advertising" on your new CR-V?

After reading the thread "Anybody Remove Front License," I was wondering about something else related to dealer hijinx: dealer "free advertising" on new cars and what is acceptable without prior approval of the buyer.

I have seen everything from the simple license plate frames around both license plates (easy to remove) to a metallic-looking dealer decal on the rear bumper or trunk lid (not so easy to remove) to a painted dealer name and slogan on the back of the trunk lid (must repaint the trunk to remove).

If I get to my dealer and find that my new CR-V Touring has a dealer-added advertising tag/frame/decal, what do I do? Void the whole deal? Accept it and drive away?

What would YOU do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

The first thing I do when I take home a new vehicle is shed the tag frames and put on Auto-Zone powder coated aluminum ones. The very next thing is to get out the goo-gone and a fresh razor blade and get to work on removing the decal. If there was a PAINTED dealer logo on there, I would tell them to fix it or I'm not signing the papers. I've never run into that though.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    I wouldn't accept delivery unless they remove it or get you one without. I think they all do the license plate thing and that doesn't bother me but a decal or similar is simply not acceptable.
    2003 Gold EX CRV---> 2007 Basque Red EXL CRV---> 2017 Molten Lava Pearl EX CRV!! Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

The decal comes off with a hair dryer and finger nails. I know razor blade would work but finger nails seems less likely to scratch anything. Then immediate waxing of the area.

I feel the same way. Noticed that the dealership that I purchased my soon to be delivered Honda CRV, puts a decal on the back of their cars. I told them I did not want anything put onto my new car. They made a note of it on the paperwork.

I was lucky, mine hadn't gone through PDI when I test drove it. The dealership either forgot to put their sticker on or didn't have enough time to after PDI.

Quote Originally Posted by CGS878 View Post
    After reading the thread "Anybody Remove Front License," I was wondering about something else related to dealer hijinx: dealer "free advertising" on new cars and what is acceptable without prior approval of the buyer.

I have seen everything from the simple license plate frames around both license plates (easy to remove) to a metallic-looking dealer decal on the rear bumper or trunk lid (not so easy to remove) to a painted dealer name and slogan on the back of the trunk lid (must repaint the trunk to remove).

If I get to my dealer and find that my new CR-V Touring has a dealer-added advertising tag/frame/decal, what do I do? Void the whole deal? Accept it and drive away?

What would YOU do?
    No, I have dealer remove all stickers/paint having to do with dealership advertising before driving off. I would keep the license plate frames until you want them replaced though.

Dealer nothing. It would be like buying Jordan's and having them say "Footlocker" on them. No one wants that

Same feeling here. I told my dlr not to waste time putting their decal on rear, so they didn't. Unless they are paying me to advertise I'm not gonna do it. If I have a good experience my word of mouth advertising and recommendation will be worth more than a stupid decal or license plate holder.

2017 Molten Lava Pearl EX-L w/ Nav.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman buggingout67's Avatar
    I always remind my self the dealership aint paying me to be a rolling billboard for them. Took front and rear licence plate along with the dumb sticker on the rear at day one

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast