Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What's Next

6K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  hans471+ 
#1 ·
I am currently driving a 2009 V6 Rav 4 and have been following this forum with great enthusiasm. It looks like this is the closest I may get to buying something close to a V6 in this price range. My car drives so well I hate to give it up but the mileage is creeping up and I need to be ready to buy something else if any real problems start.

I'm going to try and hold out for the 2018 model. I prefer not to buy the 1st year of a new model but from reading reviews would not be unhappy if I purchased the current model.

What are your thoughts about what might be included in the 2018 model that isn't on the 2017? The option of the Panoramic Sunroof would be nice. What else? More horsepower?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

#2 ·
More horsepower? Probably not. My bet is on a Hybrid drivetrain being made available.

It's impossible to predict how they might tweak option packages.

And, of course, buy whatever/whenever you want, but unless you are piling on crazy miles, an '09 RAV4 should have plenty of years of life left.

#3 ·
I've got about 158,000 and I do drive a lot. So far, I'm extremely pleased but nothing lasts forever and I kind of like the new safety features and the new bells and whistles found on newer cars. With that said, for the price of the new car, I want to love how it drives as I did when I purchased the Rav 4. The current Rav 4s are nice but are slow.....

#8 ·
A second year after a redesign is almost always carryover. We have seen this a lot with Honda especially. Starting with 2016 Honda Civic, Pilot, and 2015/16 CR-V. So to my estimate it will be a carryover from 2017 with 2018 badge.
It will probably be refreshed in 2020 and new design probably released in 2022/23.
Note: this is following the 5yr cycle honda

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

#10 ·
i think everyone holding off from buying the crv now is hoping that the 2018 comes with the panoramic roof and heated rear seats that are STANDARD NOW in the canada touring models. CAD to USD conversion its actually cheaper msrp too lol

i doubt power will change. they already tweaked the 1.5 Turbo to have more power for the CRV now as it came from the civic.

you can wait for the 2017 cx5 coming out in a few months. the exterior design looks awesome, but once you start looking deep, currently based on the specs it is pretty much just the same as the outgoing first generation. maybe an updated drivetrain so they can advertise an increased 1 to 2 mpg gain lol. but same 2.5L engine. unless you opt for the new upcoming diesel engine. Also same lack luster crappy infotainment with no android auto and no apple car play. i also beleive there is still no standard remote start on the keyfob which the crv offers standard in even down to the EX trim? no hands free tail gate, but FINALLY it has a power tail gate. all the previous years did not. also all the previous years had no air vents in the 2nd row, but finally that is added this year. like I said, they lure you in with the sexy look, but when you start seeing that there really isn't any new functional and feature set changes you--or at least i got dissapointed. Unless again you will be opting for the new diesel turbo engine. im sure like the previous cx5 it will be a blast to drive in the twisties and handles well.

#14 ·
Hey folks, even going back to '06, Canadian models were fitted with stuff the USA cars never had available. (Heated outside rearview mirrors come to mind.)

Keep dreaming...or MOVE. <---- I know that sounds harsh, just kidding!

#15 ·
As has been stated, the 2018 is very likely to be the same as the 2017. They follow a cycle. Look at the last generation of the CR-V to see how that goes. It costs a LOT of money to make changes. Most car makers lay out the changes that will come year-to-year before the first new model rolls off the line. This is pretty normal in the industry as parts and tooling have to be ordered far in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.