gas mileage on 2017 CRV - Page 7
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: gas mileage on 2017 CRV

crv|oc Rank: Member Flying Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks (Received)
    Just got back from a trip "downhill" to the coast. Kept the speed less than 70, and generally drove like an old man (guess I am one). At fill-up during return today we'd been 266 miles and the computer said 36.8 mpg. Seemed hard to believe, but by manual calculation darned if it wasn't 36.7mpg. Wow!! The remainder of the trip was higher speed interstate and city type driving, but that leg still averaged 33.5 mpg. All was without using ECON.

I was a bit concerned how this peanut engine with a turbo would perform. Glad we went ahead and took a chance.

Geoff

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Very happy with my gas mileage. Consistently getting over 33 mpg combined. EX FWD. Name:  MPG sm.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  30.0 KB

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old fart View Post
    Very happy with my gas mileage. Consistently getting over 33 mpg combined. EX FWD. Attachment 80866
    Nice photo, tells the story. I am getting better mileage all the time. What I do notice however is that you have 434 miles on one trip. I can only get in the high 300 miles on mine. I am beginning to wonder what is going on. When I fill up it shows like "376 miles" remaining on a new full tank. My 2012 would always show like 425+ on a new tank. Does my AWD have a smaller tank? Strange.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    33.5 mpg for me on a recent trip and most of the time averaging 70 mph...I'm totally fine with that.

Thanks (Received)
    A little disappointed in my last few tanks, only getting about 25 mpg in mixed city/highway driving with a light foot. Hopefully once the vehicle breaks in it will improve.

Thanks (Received)
    Hans, My range usually reads around 430 miles when I refuel. The yellow low fuel light was on for a few miles when I tanked up. I could only get a little more than 12 gallons in so I'll assume the reserve is more than a gallon. So far I'm very pleased with the CRV.

Thanks (Received)
    This might prove the computer is taking past mileage into account. OF has been getting 33MPG + where he drives but Drewski is only getting 25. If the computer take this into account... it would explain why people are seeing different range readings upon fill up.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver17V View Post
    This might prove the computer is taking past mileage into account. OF has been getting 33MPG + where he drives but Drewski is only getting 25. If the computer take this into account... it would explain why people are seeing different range readings upon fill up.
    Now that I have passed the 1,000 mile mark on mine and we have gotten use to each other my MPG keeps going up. I am waiting to see if the "miles remaining" also goes up. Seems like on my 2012 it did. I would guess they do look at the past MPG to make that number more accurate.

Thanks (Received)
    If my experience can tell me anything, it's that there will be a few unlucky people who get much worse mileage than the majority. And the breakin will not improve anything. I have a Ford Fusion did just that - it gets me mileage as bad as a full size SUV, and it's just as bad now and new. I still remember how I was hopeful about "it'd become better when weather gets warmer", or "it'd be better after breakin"...nope, it didn't happen. I accepted my fate after a while ...

Thanks (Received)
    For my 17 TOURING AWD:

I have reset 3 trips so far and I'm averaging about 25 MPG at BEST!.... but I must say I drive 80% city and 20% highway.
    Still better than my previous 2011 MDX which was 12-14mpg so I guess I'll take 25...sigh.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast