gas mileage on 2017 CRV
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: gas mileage on 2017 CRV

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

gas mileage on 2017 CRV

What is everyone getting with there 2017? Do you have AWD? Which engine 1.5 turbo or 2.4. CVT?

Also which speed on the highway are you finding is the sweet spot for the best MPG?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    AWD 1.5T 300 miles in town driving only so far Eco enabled, meter reads 26.6 mpg.

Thanks (Received)
    How does one have the MPG meter reset itself after a fill-up? I have seen a few people post this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    On the infotainment center go Home-Settings-Vehicle -Meter Settings. you will then find menus for setting Trip A and Trimp B.

Thanks (Received)
    With Trip A showing, I just hold down the little Trip button. Like a normal car.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MangoConChile View Post
    How does one have the MPG meter reset itself after a fill-up? I have seen a few people post this.
    Yes, I do. I had set Trip B to reset at fill-up and it worked. My wife was driving and I was pumping. When we got home I checked and it had zeroed Trip B while Trip A hadn't been altered. This was our first fill-up at 159 miles of in town driving and experimenting with various settings while doing lots of idling. We got a hand calculated 21 MPG with no idea of what the computer thought.
    Since this setting requires gathering data immediately before fueling, I think that I will change it back to Manual. We live less than 1.5 miles from our usual gas station so gathering this data in the comfort of our own driveway/garage is much more convenient.

Thanks (Received)
    I'm interested in knowing the real life fuel economy numbers people are getting. I currently drive a 2014 Accord V6 rated at 34 on the highway. I drive 140 miles a day round trip for work, with most of it highway. I average 31-32 in my Accord, which is fine. I am looking at trading for a CR-V Touring with the 1.5 Turbo. I would hope to get at least the gas mileage that I get in my Accord. I do NOT drive with Eco enabled on my Accord. I do not plan to enable it on the CR-V either. I find that it causes the car to be too sluggish. Any feedback would be appreciated! I'm looking to purchase in the next 6 months.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris322 View Post
    I'm interested in knowing the real life fuel economy numbers people are getting. I currently drive a 2014 Accord V6 rated at 34 on the highway. I drive 140 miles a day round trip for work, with most of it highway. I average 31-32 in my Accord, which is fine. I am looking at trading for a CR-V Touring with the 1.5 Turbo. I would hope to get at least the gas mileage that I get in my Accord. I do NOT drive with Eco enabled on my Accord. I do not plan to enable it on the CR-V either. I find that it causes the car to be too sluggish. Any feedback would be appreciated! I'm looking to purchase in the next 6 months.
    My 1.5L turbo LX is 2WD and it got 6.5L/100km (36 mpg) the other day driving in light traffic mostly highway at around 120km/h (75mph). I think AWD you lose 1 mpg. The fuel economy really surprises me. If you're darting in and out of traffic gunning it passing everyone your fuel economy is going to suck. if you drive like a normal person then the car is quite efficient. In the city i average around 8L/100km (29.4mpg)

The above numbers are with eco mode off. I found that eco mode gave me worse numbers....not sure if im gassing it more because eco mode makes your car really sluggish. dont even attempt to go up a hill with eco mode

Thanks (Received)
    I was wondering the same thing, my numbers have not been what others are posting and I've always kept eco on. I'm going to try taking it off tomorrow and seeing if it makes a difference. I find I also have to push it harder to get up and going and wondering if that is lowering my mpg.
    2003 Gold EX CRV---> 2007 Basque Red EXL CRV---> 2017 Molten Lava Pearl EX CRV!! Hidden Content

Thanks (Received)
    I have a Touring AWD and am getting 25-27 mpg with combined city interstate 70/30.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast