Tachometer rev upon startup - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tachometer rev upon startup

crv|oc Rank: Member
    The tach is important. Go out and get it up to cruising speed in D and then drop it into Sport. You will soon see.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Gym_Mouse View Post
    How do I turn on this feature on my 2017 Touring? My dashboard looks boring with just the speedometer showing..lol.
    You can turn the tachometer on and off from the Home screen, go to Settings->System->Tachometer Settings. From here you can toggle it on and off.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    If you notice all the gauges "sweep" on power up. This is a pretty common thing with many computer dashes. It actually has a name, its a "POST" test. Yes, we all know "post" comes from the Latin "post" as in "after" but in this case its a acronym for Power On Self Test. It shows that all the segments of the board and their drivers are working. Oh, and it looks cool too. But actually its a build in diagnostic test that can be very helpful if there is a problem. So for a computer POST comes first, not after.

Tachs are very useful, especially in a vehicle where its hard to hear the engine at times. It lets you know if its lugging, if its over revving, if the transmission is slipping, etc. But if you have no use for it, shut it down using the instructions in the manual.

OH, and its been a VERY long time since any vehicle had a cable driven tach or speedo. A very long time! In the field we were so happy to see those damn cables go away back thirty years or more ago. They were a PITA.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

The gauge sweep at startup can be kind of a PITA. I have another car that does it, and it prevents me from seeing things like oil pressure at startup. I end up using an OBDII sensor if I want to see that kind of info within 5 seconds of starting the engine.

It does look cool, though. Moreso on a full set of analog gauges than on the CR-V's digital ones.

I much enjoy my 2017 CRV digital tachometer's post test. Thanks, "master" Hans471 for your meaningful explanation to everybody in this room.

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12