Cruise Control Doesn't Hold Steady Speed - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
Thanks Thanks: 0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruise Control Doesn't Hold Steady Speed

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    I just find it so hard to believe how some folks get upset over the smallest things. Come on now? 1 mph fluctuation? but it isnt just this, the people who complain about a small creak or a little wind noise or a little tire noise. We all didnt buy a multi-million dollar Bently or and of the insanely expensive other cars. This is a 30k ish car from Honda. It isnt perfect and no Honda ever will be perfect but you didnt spend the proper amount of money to be expecting perfect either. I am personally very happy with my 17 Touring even if it does have a few tiny flaws.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bistem View Post
    I just find it so hard to believe how some folks get upset over the smallest things. Come on now? 1 mph fluctuation? but it isnt just this, the people who complain about a small creak or a little wind noise or a little tire noise. We all didnt buy a multi-million dollar Bently or and of the insanely expensive other cars. This is a 30k ish car from Honda. It isnt perfect and no Honda ever will be perfect but you didnt spend the proper amount of money to be expecting perfect either. I am personally very happy with my 17 Touring even if it does have a few tiny flaws.
    You shouldn't get upset at people who expect the car to work as expected. You need to understand that this is not about the 1mph. This is about the throttle application. The car shouldn't do that, it's not good for fuel economy, the engine, etc. It's a bug. Bugs get fixed. It's not an issue for people who don't cruise for extended periods of time. I do. And I don't like to feel the car surging due to throttle in and out in such an excessive manner.

A Bentley? What In the world are you talking about. This is a feature not operating as designed.

This is not "a tiny flaw" this is a problem with its driveability. One the novelty of your car wears out you'll like how you're paying or paid thousands and thousands of dollars on something that doesn't operate as designed. $30,000 is what a joke costs in some areas in Michigan, $30,000 is a lot of money.

People like you are why companies get away with stuff like this. I trust that Honda values quality unlike you and will eventually fix it.
    Last edited by garoto; 03-20-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoody View Post
    My touring does the same- I thought it was normal until I saw this thread
    I test drive a touring today and confirmed it has the same behavior. I'm not going to test any other as it smells like a software bug all over the place. I'm sure Honda will eventually release a fix. Please call them and let them know, it only helps. I called them today and informed them.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    Mine only pluses when I am in ECO mode. Perhaps that's saving gas, too?

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    I just hit 2000 miles on my EX 2WD - 1600 of which was on a 4 day road-trip. It's been in ECO all the time and I used ACC for a majority of the trip. I also used the +, - and RES buttons. I didn't experience any throttle issues - it drove great...

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    I also do not have the problem. I have used the plus and minus keys with no problem. I do not doubt some have it given the number who have so posted. So if software issue maybe it was discovered and fixed or maybe introduced in a later software build. Could also be related to where produced. I agree those experiencing need to let Honda know so a fix can be rolled out.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinytop View Post
    I also do not have the problem. I have used the plus and minus keys with no problem. I do not doubt some have it given the number who have so posted. So if software issue maybe it was discovered and fixed or maybe introduced in a later software build. Could also be related to where produced. I agree those experiencing need to let Honda know so a fix can be rolled out.
    Interesting. It makes me wonder whether a reset would fix it? I would be surprised if they found such an issue and fixed it in production and not released it to cars already sold.

What's the range of your VIN? Mine is in the 8,000s

Thanks (Received)
    Assuming you are talking about the last four numbers mine is in the 6000's and produced in East Liberty. I don't know how the VIN's are assigned. They could have blocks assigned to different plants. Production date not included on sticker buy my purchase date was 1/31/17.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinytop View Post
    Assuming you are talking about the last four numbers mine is in the 6000's and produced in East Liberty. I don't know how the VIN's are assigned. They could have blocks assigned to different plants. Production date not included on sticker buy my purchase date was 1/31/17.
    Yeah. Your production date is probably December it says it on the door tab. It could be anything but. But seeing a latter one in the dealer with the same issue tells me it isn't fixed.

Thanks (Received)
    Since mine does not have the issue it could be a bug introduced on a later build. But you did not say where yours was built or the build date.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast