Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adjust Height Of Passenger Front Seat On 2017 CRV

32K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Fitz4321 
#1 ·
I just took delivery of my new CRV this week and just realized that the front passenger seat cannot be raised in height. Does anyone know if it is possible to add spacers under the seat or make some aftermarket adjustment to permanently raise the hight of the seat?

Are there others on the forum perplexed by this as well?

Thank you for your thoughts....or solutions!

Crystal Rich

#4 ·
On my EX I feel it sits higher then I have the drivers seat adjusted. I actually went out and sat in it after I saw a similar complaint on another thread about the passenger seat being low. I'm sure it's all personal preference, but my porridge is just right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#5 ·
On my EX I feel it sits higher then I have the drivers seat adjusted. I actually went out and sat in it after I saw a similar complaint on another thread about the passenger seat being low. I'm sure it's all personal preference, but my porridge is just right.
That is the essence of it: What is good for one may not be so hot for another. My passengers never complain, in any of my cars, about seat height. But, people being as they are someone will be unhappy that it is not adjustable. It is possible to space up the seat if one should want to. But it still will not be adjustable. Few people ever actually care if the passenger seat goes up and down. That does not mean that some wouldn't want it to, clearly it seems to matter to a few people.
For me....and many others.....its a total non-issue.

#6 ·
The lack of a height adjustment was almost enough to stop us from getting the CRV. Even though it's my wife's car, she's in the passenger seat during trips, and she likes it up high. For that reason she was leaning toward an Escape which did have it in the Titanium level. Thankfully, I convinced her otherwise.

Geoff

#7 ·
This has been a comfort issue for my passengers. It seems like if all you're used to is Honda, Toyota, or other Japanese manufacturers you probably won't notice it. But if you're coming from an American car brand like Chrysler for example, you are going to notice that the passenger seat lacks vertical height adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.