Hood protection? what kind of protection are you using
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hood protection? what kind of protection are you using

crv|oc Rank: Member

Hood protection? what kind of protection are you using

the other day i was cleaning my crv and noticed a nice chip on the tippy tip of my 2017 crv. any recommendations on bra or clear protection.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    3M or X-pel paint protection film, shop around for an installer with good reviews and reasonable pricing.
    2017 Touring White Diamond Pearl
    2004 EX Eternal Blue Pearl (200,000 miles)

This is my biggest issue with those PPF products, they crack and age horribly and very likely damage paint upon removal 5 years later. I have been looking for a nosemask without any luck. It's unfortunate Honda chose not to offer one for this car.

Name:  IMG_9605.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  48.1 KB

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

It's hard to see it well because the site compresses it a lot.

I have had paint-protection film on two cars for seven years. No peeling, fading or cracking. The quote I received for the CR-V was $750. I purchased a Coverking nose mask from CarID, but the one they sent me was for a 2015-2016 model. Coverking swore it was the right item, in spite of the photos I sent.

Quote Originally Posted by joeflyer View Post
    I have had paint-protection film on two cars for seven years. No peeling, fading or cracking. The quote I received for the CR-V was $750. I purchased a Coverking nose mask from CarID, but the one they sent me was for a 2015-2016 model. Coverking swore it was the right item, in spite of the photos I sent.
    But what about removal? And the residue on the paint and so on. I guess I'm doubloons that something sticking on the paint for so long won't cause permanent damage or marking of some kind on the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by garoto View Post
    But what about removal? And the residue on the paint and so on. I guess I'm doubloons that something sticking on the paint for so long won't cause permanent damage or marking of some kind on the paint.
    I hear you.

Just an anecdote, though: I had 3M film installed on my 2005 Honda Accord and it remained on the car until I traded it in a few months ago. Over 10 years with no peeling, discoloration, or surface defects.

I am considering getting Xpel Ultimate on my CR-V. I'm not worried about removal: I never plan to remove it. It is a significant cost though ($400-$1000) and you can buy a lot of touch-up paint with that kind of money!

I had xpel on a 00 4Runner and sold the car in 2014. The xpel was cracked into many pieces and wanted to remove it prior to selling the car. Used a blow drier and plastic razors to remove it. Took several days. It was visible that the clear coat had worn differently under the xpel. After that I had sworn the stuff off.

I just installed 3m on the front end, hood and mirrors.

Name:  IMG_2923.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  43.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_2924.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  24.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by windjunkie View Post
    I had xpel on a 00 4Runner and sold the car in 2014. The xpel was cracked into many pieces and wanted to remove it prior to selling the car. Used a blow drier and plastic razors to remove it. Took several days. It was visible that the clear coat had worn differently under the xpel. After that I had sworn the stuff off.
    That's what the photo I shared looks like. Impossible to remove.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast