New Canadian V, I want more ground clearance
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Canadian V, I want more ground clearance

crv|oc Rank: Member

New Canadian V, I want more ground clearance

Is it possible to lift the new V? I frequently drive ruff roads, the AWD is plenty good enough, but I've already bumped the underneath at the back going over pot holes / bumps ect. I've heard about a 2" lift with strut spacers, would anyone recommend these? Also looking for recommendations for wider fenders, my stock V is getting cover in mud / road grime

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Well I think you bought the wrong vehicle. Trade it in on a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the airbag suspension.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman freshlysqueezed's Avatar
    Would love to see what you could do with a lift kit and fender flares.
    Maybe something like what Hyundai did.
    Name:  Hyunda-Santa-Fe-Antarctica-.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  34.5 KB
    2017 CR-V EX-L AWD Lunar Silver/Black
    2007 GTI

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    It really sounds like you bought the wrong car. The CR-V is for occasional drives on unpaved roads but it's far from an off-roader. Just hearing you mention wider fenders is clear evidence that your needs are different Han what the design goals for the car were.

Why do you keep calling it a V?

It really sounds like you bought the wrong car. The CR-V is for occasional drives on unpaved roads but it's far from an off-roader. Just hearing you mention wider fenders is clear evidence that your needs are different Han what the design goals for the car were.

Why do you keep calling it a V?

There are many reasons I bought the new crv, price, reliability, comfort being maybe the top ones. By no means am I "off roading", here on the BC coast off roading is a lot different then driving a dirt road. I'm sure some others will be interested in doing a minor lift too, really it does have enough clearance I'd just like maybe 2" more and maybe change the 235's to 245's and mud flaps if possible. Any recommendations would be great.

Freshly, btw that Hyundai is sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert.C View Post
    There are many reasons I bought the new crv, price, reliability, comfort being maybe the top ones. By no means am I "off roading", here on the BC coast off roading is a lot different then driving a dirt road. I'm sure some others will be interested in doing a minor lift too, really it does have enough clearance I'd just like maybe 2" more and maybe change the 235's to 245's and mud flaps if possible. Any recommendations would be great.

Freshly, btw that Hyundai is sweet!
    I see. The bottoming out of the car plus the interest in wider fenders made it sound like you needed something much more heavy duty.

I feel like any lifting of the car will require the swapping of suspension components and you might lose the nice smoothness the car provides over bumps.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert.C View Post
    Is it possible to lift the new V? I frequently drive ruff roads, the AWD is plenty good enough, but I've already bumped the underneath at the back going over pot holes / bumps ect. I've heard about a 2" lift with strut spacers, would anyone recommend these? Also looking for recommendations for wider fenders, my stock V is getting cover in mud / road grime
    Plain and simple, you have the wrong sort of vehicle for this sort of driving. Just because the car has AWD does NOT mean its an "off road" type vehicle. You need something more like a HD 4WD pickup or something that says "Jeep" on it.

If you put on larger diameter tires you will really screw things up. The gearing will be radically changed (too high a ratio) and the computer system will not be able to properly manage the engine and transmission. Also, the suspension is designed for the size of the tires fitted to the car. Changing this really starts raising issues with geometry and how the car steers and tracks. There is a lot more to this than might meet the eye at first glance.
    Last edited by hans471+; 04-20-2017 at 09:58 PM.

I'm not interested in your opinion weather you think my car fits my lifestyle or not, I'm simply asking if anyone knows of a successful way to modify ground clearance on the 2017 crv, I really don't care if anyone thinks it's a bad idea unless they have actual experience with installing and driving a lifted 2017 crv.

Well a Google search surprised me, and I found lift kits for up to a 2016, but nothing for a 2017 yet. I'd never thought of a lift for a CRV. I always thought of the AWD being for traction in the snow, but I guess added ground clearance would be nice in snow sometimes.

Living in the south we think of 4wd, and lift kits for off-road and mud, not anywhere you would take a CRV, especially a new one.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast