Consumer Reports full results in...
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  1
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Consumer Reports full results in...

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)

Consumer Reports full results in...

Consumer Report's full report is in:

Summary:
    - #3 in the category, behind the Forester and RAV4
    - Did well in the Road Test, not so well in "predicted reliability"; I have a feeling that the bright red Marks of Doom from the Gen3 A/C issues aren't helping in that department, and things will improve as those start falling off the historical charts. That said, it's better than it's platform-mate, the Civic, which has a big 'ol "Poor", with the biggest red flag the entertainment system. (Firmware glitches? I dunno.)
    - They thought both powertrains were adequate, but appreciated how the 1.5T kept the RPM's lower.
    - Said it was quieter than the previous model, but not necessarily anything particularly special vs. the competition.
    - Thought the "goodies" in the EX made it worth it over the LX. (They tested the EX and LX.)
    - Like every review of the car, they think the entertainment system could use a lot of work. (I am guessing the well-received system in the new Odyssey will make an appearance during a mid-cycle refresh.) They do note that Android Auto/CarPlay makes many of those complaints disappear.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Forester, really? I test drove the stick and manual Forester and the interior felt cheap and the engine was terrible with either transmission. And it was more money...

4. ThanksRedwulf thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    Man, infotainment issues are really hurting Honda in the "reliability" category. For me, I just want to keep it simple and have a drivetrain that will last a long time. I'm only 30, but I miss the days of the simple and reliable car. The more electronics in a car the more problems it's going to have.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2013 CRV EX (wife's)
    2014 Civic LX Sedan (mine)

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    While I have to agree that infotainment glitches are aggravating, I'm not sure I agree with CR's decision to lump them in with "Reliability" unless it truly affects the operation of the car. It's not like it's going to break more often as time goes on like, say, a transmission.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sirwired View Post
    While I have to agree that infotainment glitches are aggravating, I'm not sure I agree with CR's decision to lump them in with "Reliability" unless it truly affects the operation of the car. It's not like it's going to break more often as time goes on like, say, a transmission.
    I agree with you 100%. As long as you can still drive the car i.e. transmission and engine combo, then that should be in the reliability category. Infotainment should not affect the reliability category. It should be something else, but I digress.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2013 CRV EX (wife's)

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sirwired View Post
    I do agree with lumping it with the reliability. You cannot consider the car reliable just bacevauss it drives. The infotainment system has become a key part of the car. You can't even control the AC without it. That means that you can't replace it and if it fails when your car is worth $3000 even though it drives perfectly, nobody is going to want to pay $2000 to replace it. You can't even replace it with an aftermarket unit. So I fully agree with CR.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore freshlysqueezed's Avatar
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by garoto View Post
    I do agree with lumping it with the reliability. You cannot consider the car reliable just bacevauss it drives. The infotainment system has become a key part of the car. You can't even control the AC without it. That means that you can't replace it and if it fails when your car is worth $3000 even though it drives perfectly, nobody is going to want to pay $2000 to replace it. You can't even replace it with an aftermarket unit. So I fully agree with CR.
    Love my CR-V, but I don't plan on keeping it for 14 years like my previous MDX. Between the turbo, direct injection, infotainment system, Honda sense safety tech, will definitely trade up no longer than 7 years.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    2017 CR-V EX-L AWD Lunar Silver/Black
    2007 GTI

Thanks (Received)
    Like I said, I would agree with the hit to reliability if it DID affect the operation of the car (like if you lost control over the AC.) But software glitches that are confined to the infotainment unit itself (e.g. Bluetooth issues) and aren't likely to get worse over time should be a hit to the car's up-front rating, not the long-term reliability. (But of course hardware failures requiring parts replacement should be considered reliability problems...)

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    Long time CR subscriber... Keep in mind predicted reliability is based on PREVIOUS years models NOT current CRV. Not surprised they like Forrester a little more, it has gotten great reviews. I am surprised they like the RAV4 more as MOST publications list it pretty far down the ladder though its a very reliable vehicle....

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by COMMANDOE View Post
    Long time CR subscriber... Keep in mind predicted reliability is based on PREVIOUS years models NOT current CRV.
    How is it that the 10th gen Civic gets a poor score when the 9th gen has been completely reliable and so has the 8th gen? Also, there haven't been too many problems reported for the 4th gen CRV and a few issues with the 3rd gen, so I'm really not seeing how that applies.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2013 CRV EX (wife's)

14. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast