2016 HR-V to 2017 CR-V? - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 HR-V to 2017 CR-V?

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonysrep View Post
    one big difference thats not being considered is the interior size of the cr-v , it makes the accord useless when it comes to hauling people of anything else not to mention missing ten miles per gallon comparing it to the v-6 accord.. it's the same with the hr-v concerning interior room , once you have a car with interior room ,it's very hard to do without. it's like having a mini minivan with 15 more miles per gallon
    On Fuelly, current model year Accord V6 owners report overall MPG very, very similar to that reported by 2017 CR-V 1.5T owners. In the real world, the difference in MPG is quite small.

Odyssey owners report 20-22 MPG overall, real world. I don't believe there are many CR-V folks seeing 15 mpg better than that. Most report high 20's combined city/highway on Fuelly.

Accords are quite spacious inside, and haul 4 people on a trip comfortably. The trunk is pretty decent sized, and unless you're a compulsive over-packer, or hoarder, it's fine. Where the CR-V shines is when you want to haul a large or irregularly shaped item...easy to fold the seats down and haul something like a piece of furniture, dogs in carriers, a bicycle, etc.
    Last edited by 88r100rt; 05-19-2017 at 02:27 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    The (very) occasional need for hauling ability is what has kept me away from sedans in the 25 years or so I've been a motorist. Everything I have owned has either been a hatchback or a small SUV, with a single exception. Nonetheless, I can only recall a single time in the year I have owned the HR-V that the seats have been folded down to transport an item.

An AWD Civic or Accord wagon would be my personal pick if such an animal were to be imported here, but I'd likely be one of only three US residents who would actually buy one. The CR-V seems to hit most of the right boxes for the typical middle class, North American family, which is why sedan sales have been contracting as of late. Am I the only one that finds the auto industry's "size model" insulting and presumptuous, however? The avoidance or dislike of family-sized vehicles forces one to settle for all manners of cheapness (both interior and exterior) and high-strung, weak engines. This is not a Honda thing, either - every car maker, outside of the premium brands, seems to engage in similar tactics, as the larger vehicles are simply more profitable. European marquees seem to offer a larger number of "nice" vehicles in small packages, but the downside is worse reliability and much higher costs of ownership (as I myself discovered as a Volkswagen owner). I do think that Honda comes closer to an ideal mix of quality, reliability, and practicality than most other mainstream brands. Ever sit in a Chevrolet Trax?

Luckily, the CR-V is not that large and seems to net highway fuel economy that is similar to the HR-V, so I do plan to test drive one and will report back with my impressions as a current HR-V owner.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12