2017 CRV LX AWD Gas Tank is Smaller than the Specs - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 CRV LX AWD Gas Tank is Smaller than the Specs

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOntario View Post
    My 2017 CRV LX AWD ran out gas, and stopped at an intersecton. Now it was a good chance to verify the gas tank size, since it couldn't pump even a drop from the tank to power the vehicle to move away from the intersection.

The road assistance brought 5L gas to me. I went to the nearest gas station (~2km) to fill the tank immediately. The gas gun jumpped at 43.5L. So the actual size is 43.5L+5L=48.5L (12.8Gal). No hidden gallon at this number.

As per the specs, the gas tank should be 53L (14Gal). But is there any one can fill 14Gal when the last drop has been running out?
    I believe you are mistaken.. It takes an incredible amount of patience to fill tank. Initial stop (automatic by pump filler) comes very early. I personally have put 13.5 gallons in my vehicle. THIS was after pump iniitially stopped at around 11.8 -12.2 gallons. (don't remember exact amount) I don't think you were patient enough clicking it like 100 times... Best gauge of this might be to ask what is the MOST anyone has put in their tank? I have no DOUBT you ran out of gas, just not patient enough to complete the fill..........

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevt View Post
    Thank you for the link. I've heard this many many years ago and have followed the once it clicks off it stays off until the next fill up. No need to keep on clicking the pump to overfill it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by COMMANDOE View Post
    I believe you are mistaken.. It takes an incredible amount of patience to fill tank. Initial stop (automatic by pump filler) comes very early. I personally have put 13.5 gallons in my vehicle. THIS was after pump iniitially stopped at around 11.8 -12.2 gallons. (don't remember exact amount) I don't think you were patient enough clicking it like 100 times... Best gauge of this might be to ask what is the MOST anyone has put in their tank? I have no DOUBT you ran out of gas, just not patient enough to complete the fill..........
    When the gas gun initial stops, the gas gauge on your dashboard has reached "Full". It is not good practise to top off the gas tank. See stevevt's post above.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    A lot of people have spent a lot of money replacing the charcoal canister that was damaged by overfilling the fuel tank. I fill the tank as slowly as I can when it gets near full and when it clicks off, I stop. Besides, does it make a difference whether you need to buy gas a few miles sooner?

Thanks (Received)
    The Evap system prevents filling the last gallon or so on any gasoline gas tank. If you have a diesel (which doesn't have gasoline's vapor issues) and the manufacturer (VW) uses the same tank on both gas and diesel models, you can remove the evap system and gain the extra gallon. On my TDI this made it possible to get over 700 miles to the tank. So far the CR-V isn't doing as well...

Thanks (Received)
    It's possible the fuel pickup is not at the bottom of the tank, so even if you "ran out of fuel", the tank may actually have fuel in it.

I don't know if the CRV fuel pump is, but some pumps are cooled by the fluid moving through them. They can overheat if they are running dry.
    2017 CR-V EX AWD

Thanks (Received)
    Seems a little misleading to say it has a 14 gallon tank, when in reality, 12.9 gallons can only be used.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Thanks (Received)
    probably just a typo on their part

crv|oc Rank: Freshman buggingout67's Avatar
    Thanks (Received)
    It will hurt your fuel pump

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast