Green key flashing on dash and car not starting
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Green key flashing on dash and car not starting

crv|oc Rank: Member

Unhappy Green key flashing on dash and car not starting

Hi guys my imobiliser light is flashing on the dashboard, an electrician has tried to code the two keys into the system, twice it has asked if the light has gone of, (which it had) but when switched of as instructed the light started flashing again when switched back on. is there a quick fix like bypassing the imobiliser.

Tom

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

They key has to be removed from the ignition within so many seconds after intializing the key to the immobi or it will not intialize correctly/completely.

I would venture to say whoever you have trying to do this is not doing it correctly. Are you having this done at a Honda dealership?

Oh also, they may need to check for DTC's. There may be a problem with the ECM/PCM which is causing the immobi not to intialize.
    Last edited by tkcr; 03-28-2010 at 11:54 AM.

Thumbs down imobiliser

Cheers tkcr, the lad who was trying to code in the keys does all of Arnold Clarks electrical work which includes all of the major manufacturers vehicles, but I will ask him if he was removing the key after initialising both keys.

Regards Tom

Hi guys the problem has been solved, the white master relay on the back of the fuse box was the culprate, a bit pricey but cured, thanx to all who replied.

Thos B

I know it has been a while since this discussion occurred, but I'm hoping thosb10 (or someone in the know) could expound on what "a bit pricey" might actually be for this part. My 2011 CRV is at the dealership for this exact problem right now. Thanks all!

7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements