2010 headlight adjustment
NEWS
 

  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

    Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 2010 headlight adjustment

  1. #1
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4

    2010 headlight adjustment

    I have just turned 5000 miles on my 2010 CRV. So far so good, but the headlights need to be adjusted. Went to dealer and he said too bad, no headlight adjustment is possible on this model. Is this true? RA

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,724

    Adjustment Screws

    The 07 has adjustment screws. I posted photos of the screws probably back in 2007 or 2008. I tried searching but I get all the current posts back on anything I search for. I checked the headlight parts listings for 2007 and 2010 and they appear the same and the headlight assembly has the same part number.

    The 07 has a section on headlight aiming. It doesn't tell you how to do it, but states that the dealer can do it. If the 2010 manual has this section, I would go back and see your dealer. I find it hard to believe that the lights are fixed.

    That said, realized that the low beam has a shade feature that keeps the lights from blinding oncoming traffic. The beam does not extend very far out. If your high beams look normal, probably the shade is causing the low beams to appear to need adjusted.

    There are various generic online procedures for adjusting headlights.

    EDIT: I found the post with the photos of the headlight adjusters.

    Aiming Headlights on an 06

    The question was on a 2006, but the photos are my 2007. I think the 2010 will be the same.
    Last edited by Black Pearl; 04-24-2010 at 12:09 AM.
    The Black Pearl . . . 2007 EX, 4WD, 5AT, Nighthawk Black Pearl

    Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy. W. B. Yeats

    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

  4. #3
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4

    2010 headlight adjustment

    Black Pearl, I went out and checked my 2010 CRV and it has the headlight adjusting screws just as you described. Thanks for your quick response!

  5. #4
    Guest
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by richaal View Post
    I have just turned 5000 miles on my 2010 CRV. So far so good, but the headlights need to be adjusted. Went to dealer and he said too bad, no headlight adjustment is possible on this model. Is this true? RA
    WOW, I would be concerned about having a "dealership" that doesn't know much about the car they are selling.

  6. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,218
    This is an all too common problem that doesn't just happen at dealerships it...It happens at all kinds of businesses. You ask a question and the person you talk to doesnt have the correct information. Instead of asking someone else they guess and you have to assume what they are telling is the truth.

    In this example it is not the "dealership" that doesn't know anything about the vehicle they are selling......It was one person. You can't judge a dealership on one person.

  7. #6
    Guest
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzurd View Post
    This is an all too common problem that doesn't just happen at dealerships it...It happens at all kinds of businesses. You ask a question and the person you talk to doesnt have the correct information. Instead of asking someone else they guess and you have to assume what they are telling is the truth.

    In this example it is not the "dealership" that doesn't know anything about the vehicle they are selling......It was one person. You can't judge a dealership on one person.
    Well that's true, it probably is just the person they talked too. And it could be also, they DID know, they just didn't want to mess with it.

    I get that alot, you ask someone about something and just because they are too lazy, they tell you " oh that can't be done".

  8. #7
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    The 07 has adjustment screws. I posted photos of the screws probably back in 2007 or 2008. I tried searching but I get all the current posts back on anything I search for. I checked the headlight parts listings for 2007 and 2010 and they appear the same and the headlight assembly has the same part number.

    The 07 has a section on headlight aiming. It doesn't tell you how to do it, but states that the dealer can do it. If the 2010 manual has this section, I would go back and see your dealer. I find it hard to believe that the lights are fixed.

    That said, realized that the low beam has a shade feature that keeps the lights from blinding oncoming traffic. The beam does not extend very far out. If your high beams look normal, probably the shade is causing the low beams to appear to need adjusted.

    There are various generic online procedures for adjusting headlights.

    EDIT: I found the post with the photos of the headlight adjusters.

    Aiming Headlights on an 06

    The question was on a 2006, but the photos are my 2007. I think the 2010 will be the same.

    I just installed projectors and need to raise the headlights.

    Just to keep me from having to experiment, does anyone know which direction to turn the adjustment "wheel" to do this?

    EDIT: Never mind, it was easy.
    Last edited by PhilR; 05-09-2011 at 04:25 PM.
    2010 V w/ HID Projector retrofit

  9. #8
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    36
    As with anything, if an answer sounds hokey to you - thank them - and ask someone else later (or 5 people). All headlights have to be adjustable, thank the DOT, etc for that. Any body shop should be able to do it for you (or another Honda dealer).


    A recent experience with a Honda dealer had a few holes in it. I called to make an appointment for service, and asked how much a valve adjustment would be.

    He asked the year and model, and then asked me if the timing belt had been changed. I told him I hoped not - because it's a chain (chuckled with him about that for a minute).

    Then I asked him about having the plugs changed, and he asked whether it was a 4 or 6 cylinder. I told him CR-V's are only 4 cylinder - we laughed about that and he said, "hold on a second, let me get you someone else". There's a learning curve in everything and we've all been that person on the other end, the key is to confirm everything with another opinion.

    With all the posts about the 3rd gen CR-V suspension, I would guess it softens with mileage. Front end settling may account for your headlights falling short over time. And I agree with the poster above, the skirting probably does limit them, just like the 2nd gen. If you need the light, have them brought up some. I'd rather catch a little stray light in the eyes than dodge someone on my side anyday.

  10. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements
     

Similar Threads

  1. Headlight Adjustment
    By jesmed in forum Problems & Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 03:48 AM
  2. 2010 CR-V headlight adjustment
    By trentdon31 in forum Problems & Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 08:14 AM
  3. 2010 CR-V replacement Headlight lens.
    By shan-one in forum Exterior
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 04:11 PM
  4. Armrest adjustment
    By Jangus in forum Interior
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 03:28 PM
  5. 2001 Headlight adjustment???
    By Dawrenn in forum Problems & Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 03:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2