P0134 Error Code
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P0134 Error Code

crv|oc Rank: Member

P0134 Error Code

Had it checked out by a tech and it also said BANK 1 # 1 along with P0134 error. Was advised it is the oxygen sensor. Went online to buy a new one but am not sure what to buy! There are sensors before the catalytic converter and others after the catalytic converter and some others that are posted as whole units. As you can guess, the price range is $30 -$267. I am confused what to get. Any recommendations on what I need and the best place to purchase it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

It's actually the A/F Sensor which is the one before the cat. convertor, the one closest to the engine.

When it comes to these sensors, they are expensive, but I would go with OEM.

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/south...t=0&quantity=0

Quote Originally Posted by tkcr View Post
    It's actually the A/F Sensor which is the one before the cat. convertor, the one closest to the engine.

When it comes to these sensors, they are expensive, but I would go with OEM.

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/south...t=0&quantity=0
    Thanks. Appreciate your guidance.

OK to reset a P0134 code?

check engine light with P0134 showed up a year ago, I reset the check engine light and it did not come back until today (about a year)
    Does it mean the O2 sensor worked OK for that whole year?

In general when resetting a check engine light on a any fault, will the light come on right away if the fault continues? is there a timer involved? or does the computer "Know" you reset the code so it will not show it again?

Thanks

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    Often a CEL will not re-illuminate until several drive cycles are completed.

Bad gas (or a transition from "summer" to "winter" blend, as occurs in NJ around October first) might have set the code.

The computer doesn't "know" anything after you disconnect the battery. You have wiped out it's "memory".

After a total reset, the computer will need several drive cycles to set it's readiness codes, then several more to determine if something is awry...
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    NJ

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Carbuff2 View Post
    Often a CEL will not re-illuminate until several drive cycles are completed.

Bad gas (or a transition from "summer" to "winter" blend, as occurs in NJ around October first) might have set the code.

The computer doesn't "know" anything after you disconnect the battery. You have wiped out it's "memory".

After a total reset, the computer will need several drive cycles to set it's readiness codes, then several more to determine if something is awry...
    To add more color to this. when I connected an ODB scan-tool I could see bank 1 sensor 2 data but bank 1 sensor 1 was not available. I thought it basically means my sensor 1 is shot so I replaced it (the one in front of the cat converter) with a new one ($107 from amazon). I did not get enough drive time on it to see if the check engine light returns but on the scan tool I still don't see bank 1 sensor 1. Sensor 2 is looking fine, it shows the voltage and some mixture percentage but nothing on sensor 1... any ideas?

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    i get that code about once every few weeks. then the check engine light goes away by itself after a while. I've no idea what causes it, really, but it's annoying because it's gradually "teaching" me to ignore the light!

crv|oc Rank: Member maineultraclassic's Avatar
    My wife's engine light has been on for over a year with this same code, O2 sensor before the cat. converter. I looked into replacing it, but at $300+ we decided to just ignore the light and keep on driving.

Steve

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by maineultraclassic View Post
    My wife's engine light has been on for over a year with this same code, O2 sensor before the cat. converter. I looked into replacing it, but at $300+ we decided to just ignore the light and keep on driving.

Steve
    If you do good search for a direct fit Denso O2 sensor (upstream).
    Part #NP2349005
    Here's a link for one at around $106 inc shipping.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1BB0GDPEIAGXP

IF the old unit comes out fairly easy, then you can do it yourself.

Buffalo4

PS: Read the comments at that site.
    Last edited by Buffalo4; 10-30-2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: price correction

Quote Originally Posted by maineultraclassic View Post

Steve
    I paid $103 for this part on Amazon (with shipping), I don't think it's a good idea to leave a bad sensor in there...this can cause other more expensive problems.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements