2007 Rear Door Lock Actuator
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 Rear Door Lock Actuator

crv|oc Rank: Freshman

2007 Rear Door Lock Actuator

Hey, anyone replace a door lock accuator on their 2007 CRV? My rear door lock keeps unlocking itself. I hit the power lock, the door locks, then slowly, electrically unlocks itself.

G
    2007 CR-V EX AWD
    2006 CR-V LX 2WD

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Yes, I do this repair often where I work. It's not one of the easier actuator changes, but I'm pretty good at it because everyone gets me to do it for them.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks. I have taken the door panel off before. Are there any special tools to get the actuator off?
    2007 CR-V EX AWD
    2006 CR-V LX 2WD

crv|oc Rank: Member
    I'm having the EXACT same problem with my rear passenger door. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Would changing the Door Lock Motor do the trick or do I have to change the whole Door Lock Actuator? Thanks.

If the door locks and unlocks when you want it to using the remote or switch then the actuators are fine. if it unlocks itself something is wrong with the switches.

I got the assembly almost completely out except for its attachment to the door handle. How do you remove that part?

There is a plastic clip at the top of the rod where it enters the exterior door handle assembly. You can see it with the glass raised full up. You pop the clip off the rod by pushing it toward inside of door. You then need to pull the rod out of the exterior door assembly. Both somewhat awkward/difficult from the inside so you may have to take outside handle assembly off door to get better access/leverage. Don't have Honda photos but Toyota RAV4 Owners Club site has a nice set of pictures of how a very similar clip design works on their doors. You can view if you go to RAV4World.com and navigate menus as follows: RAV4.3Third Generation (2006 - 2012 Models)>4.3 General>Power Door Lock Actuator Repairs (fix your door locks for free).

I found it was easier to pop the rod assembly off the new actuator and to reuse the old rod. It slips off with not too much force. It's nylon connector that is only pressure fitted on.

10. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements