2006 CR-V Crank Position Sensor
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2006 CR-V Crank Position Sensor

crv|oc Rank: Member

2006 CR-V Crank Position Sensor

Hey All,

this is my first post, i've just bought myself a 2006 CR-V EX-L edition. last weekend myself and my girlfriend had a 5 hour drive, the morning after i went to start my rig up and got the check engine light, VSA, and Triangle all coming on... anyway had my buddy put his code checker tool on and it came back with "Crank Position Sensor" "Sensor A" so after another bit of checking I 've found out that this engine has two of these sensors, I'm just wondering if anyone knows exacly where these sensors are located and which one is sensor a?? also why did I my "VSA" light come on?? or is it another problem on top of the first problem?? Any Help would be wonderful... I'm from the east coast of Canada, Newfoundland, we have have a couple of dealers here but major $$$ to do anything through them...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

CKP Sensor Replacement11-119

1. Disconnect the CKP 3P connector.
    2. Remove the CKP sensor (A).
    3. Install the part in the reverse order of removal with a new O-ring (B).

The illustration seem to show it by the drive shaft under the car to the right side. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Smile

Wow, Your Quick!! Thanks ever so much... I will have a look at replacing this later in the week, still waiting on the sensor to be delivered, will let you know how it goes..

Chris

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonCR-V View Post
    . I will have a look at replacing this later in the week, still waiting on the sensor to be delivered, will let you know how it goes..

Chris
    Make sure you check the wiring and connector going to the sensor...might be corrosion or other damage (pinched wire).
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    NJ

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Yogi Berra

Also Guys, is it ok for me to drive my CR-V without doing any damage?? I'm waiting on the sensor to arrive but it could take a week or so?? I also have my mint 99 Civic to get me around... should I leave the Cr-V parked for now?

7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements